• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beta Test: Multitone Loopback Analyzer software

morillon

Major Contributor
have you made a simple measurement of a 12khz at -3.01db in 48/24...?
out of curiosity...
;-)

Sokel

Master Contributor
In the Windows mixer?
But you are using ASIO in all captures, I don't understand how the Windows mixer can have any impact on the measurement in this case
I thought so too until some months back that we disgust it here.Strangely mixer works for Khadas but not for E-MU.
have you made a simple measurement of a 12khz at -3.01db in 48/24...?
out of curiosity...
;-)
Like that?

24-48.PNG

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In the Windows mixer?
But you are using ASIO in all captures, I don't understand how the Windows mixer can have any impact on the measurement in this case
Some drivers let the Windows volume control directly adjust the hardware level in the DAC. I assume that’s what happened here.

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Some drivers let the Windows volume control directly adjust the hardware level in the DAC. I assume that’s what happened here.
Thanks, I was afraid it was also routing the signal through the Windows mixer in his E-MU interface

Sokel

Master Contributor
Thanks, I was afraid it was also routing the signal through the Windows mixer in his E-MU interface
Wait now,I was only talking about the previous measurement.
Because E-MU's dac is also routed through and you can adjust it.Only ADC is immune.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
A few updates and fixes in v1.0.56 of Multitone:

Changes in 1.0.56

• Add: RMS and RMS(A) result display
  • Add: IMD (multitone) distortion panel that includes TD+N, SFDR, Noise, IMD, ENOB and other results
  • Fix: Missing information text on copy plot to clipboard
  • Change: backround display for the distortion information panel
  • Change: auto-adjust result button display to fit all the text
  • Change: Improved IMD calculation now works with multitones with up to 64 tones (was max of 5 previously)

Here's an example of the new distortion panel for multitone test signals:
1670296754899.png

1670296960929.png

Level vs. IMD sweep using a 5 tone test signal:
1670297450400.png

Sokel

Master Contributor
An error appears to me after measurement saying "VoidOxuplot.PlotElement.set_fillColor" and the display information panel is missing :cool:
Edit:...and because of that can't do Level vs IMD,stops after the first measurement.

morillon

Major Contributor
well done...!
is it possible to allow a more precise adjustable gain...?
for example a-0.1dbfs etc.
define a "precise number" to enter directly?
example
as a precaution, it is sometimes useful to put this very slightly below 0dbfs

the case is present there is little with a small streamer hardly supporting the signals generated .. and it possible to propose in 24bits and not 32bits?

Sokel

Master Contributor
well done...!
is it possible to allow a more precise adjustable gain...?
for example a-0.1dbfs etc.
define a "precise number" to enter directly?
example
as a precaution, it is sometimes useful to put this very slightly below 0dbfs

the case is present there is little with a small streamer hardly supporting the signals generated .. and it possible to propose in 24bits and not 32bits?
You can type any gain you like.
You can also type in the other fields.

morillon

Major Contributor
sorry then...
I was just watching the "play gain" on the main window...
(I can hardly use multitones for driver problems .. what a pity ...)

Sokel

Master Contributor
sorry then...
I was just watching the "play gain" on the main window...
(I can hardly use multitones for driver problems .. what a pity ...)
Yes,in the main window play gain you can type whatever you want in the box without choosing.
In many other boxes too,try them.
Fix your drivers,Multitone is great!

morillon

Major Contributor
it's stupid I didn't realize that it was possible to enter values directly in these small windows.. thought that just scrolling menus
:oops::oops:
I think it's just lost on the driver side
and when I see what pkane produces as permanent evolution on soft, there is no question of making him waste time on this kind of nonsense..
(between rew, often for generator,very comfortable but much less rich multitones, and my virtins pro I still have solutions
;-) )

in "play gain" precise can chose if "dbu dbfs or volts" can be cool
;-)
the fonction "lock frequency to rta fft" and new "monitor clock match" in rew seem smart
;-)

Last edited:
OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
An error appears to me after measurement saying "VoidOxuplot.PlotElement.set_fillColor" and the display information panel is missing :cool:
Edit:...and because of that can't do Level vs IMD,stops after the first measurement.
Hmm. Seems like again an older version was somehow uploaded, as I did find and fix this issue before the last update… let me see if I can figure out why that’s happening, as it’s not the first time.

OP
pkane

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
it's stupid I didn't realize that it was possible to enter values directly in these small windows.. thought that just scrolling menus
:oops::oops:
I think it's just lost on the driver side
and when I see what pkane produces as permanent evolution on soft, there is no question of making him waste time on this kind of nonsense..
(between rew, often for generator,very comfortable but much less rich multitones, and my virtins pro I still have solutions
;-) )

in "play gain" precise can chose if "dbu dbfs or volts" can be cool
;-)
the fonction "lock frequency to rta fft" and new "monitor clock match" in rew seem smart
;-)
Hi Morillon,

If you're having problems with a driver, please post the details (unless you already know that the driver is broken :) )

Lock frequency to FFT is automatic in Multitone, you don't need to set it.

Top Bottom