• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bests amplifers ? (Top 5 for FOCAL ARIA 906)

delta76

Major Contributor
Last edited:
OP
X

Xaviedie

In the first 100, only the YAMAHA RN 803 (#82) is in my selection: O
The Topping LA90 looks huge, however, would it be possible to add the "YAMAHA WXC-50" network audio players? in order to benefit from air play (no big deal for USB)..

He also catches my eye with his "BEST #1" status. (PERFECT)
Is he reliable?

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You could get some version of the absurdly uncolored and powerful Purifi Eigentact for around $1500 USD/Eu (same these days), or the almost as good Hypex NCore NC252 for around $600. The Aria 906 is a very good speaker and either of those two should allow its inherent qualities to shine through.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
You could get some version of the absurdly uncolored and powerful Purifi Eigentact for around $1500 USD/Eu (same these days), or the almost as good Hypex NCore NC252 for around $600.
That’s only part of the solution. You’ll still need a pre-amp and streamer.
The Aria 906 is a very good speaker and either of those two should allow its inherent qualities to shine through.
As will the other amps, especially if you have room correction available.

delta76

Major Contributor
In the first 100, only the YAMAHA RN 803 (#82) is in my selection: O
The Topping LA90 looks huge, however, would it be possible to add the "YAMAHA WXC-50" network audio players? in order to benefit from air play (no big deal for USB)..

He also catches my eye with his "BEST #1" status. (PERFECT)
Is he reliable?
the list does not contain everything, not everything is tested there, so you are not bound by that. see my other comment. it's best by one measure. each review can be seen like a clinical trial result. for each case, the doctor has to base their recommendations on a lot more factor.

OP
X

Xaviedie

What do you recommend for focal surround speakers? atmos, subwoofer too..

delta76

Major Contributor
What do you recommend for focal surround speakers? atmos, subwoofer too..
Go with another 2x906 for surround. And don't forget cc900 for center. And a good sub.

I heard dome flax is good for atmos and plan to buy them but obviously haven't tried them first hand

maty

Major Contributor
Class AB

Yamaha A-S501, 701 and RN803
Rotel A-14 MKII
or A-12 MKII
Denon AVR-X3700H

OP
X

Xaviedie

Go with another 2x906 for surround. And don't forget cc900 for center. And a good sub.

I heard dome flax is good for atmos and plan to buy them but obviously haven't tried them first hand
What do you think of them for surrounds?

& SUBWOOFER?

OP
X

Xaviedie

Système Dolby Atmos 5.1.4 OR 2 (MY ROOM IS 16M SQUARE)​

FOCAL SIB EVO DOLBY ATMOS.... GOOD?

Attachments

• Systeme-Dolby-Atmos-5-1-4-Enceintes-Encastrables-Plafond (3).jpg
    Systeme-Dolby-Atmos-5-1-4-Enceintes-Encastrables-Plafond (3).jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 65

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

delta76

Major Contributor
What do you think of them for surrounds?

& SUBWOOFER?
You meant sr900? I don't know, with 2x906 you have more immerse spacing because left and right.

You should not buy them for more than 499 eur though

Last edited:

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Conclusion: Denon AVR-X3700H cinema/music

For pure pure music: GENELEC 8030C on my desk (studio)

^^ Thx

Consider it mandatory to acquire the Audyssey MutiEQ Editor App for Android or IOS. It provides better control and granularity over using the use of the Audyssey GUI in the AVR. There is an even better App for PC hat provides much better control. It is good but I am not sure I agree with the decision from the people at Audyssey to have it attached to one AVR... I may actually purchase it ...:mad:

I always advise to use at least 2 subwoofers; Audyssey XT32 does a commendable job of integrating these to mains mains. More LF transducers do not only provide bass quantity but quality. In fact, multiple inexpensive subwoofers are likely to provide a level of bass quality and quantity than one, single subwoofer would be able to, even the single subwoofer output is better than the combined output of both of the lesser subwoofers. Due to physics.

Peace.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
At that price, just buy an avr. X2700h denon fits your bill then some
+1
+1000.

The above post need to be read, re-read and understood.
Once the issues of power and perhaps impedance are satisfied, amplifers sound the same in most cases.
AVR not only have good amplifers in many cases but some of the better ones also have a DRC that comes with the price. I would slightly amend the recommendation for a Denon AVR-X3800. (Yes, I know a bit more expensive but...)
Buy an AVR, learn how to use the DRC and to integrate the subs with , yes, your pair of speakers, if you choose to run 2-channel and you are done and happy for many years.

Peace.

Top Bottom