• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best value advice: DAC + amplifier or Integrated amplifier (RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Neurochrome modulus 286) Vs Rotel RA-1592MKII

notsodeadlizard

Hi guys,

As the title indicates, I am wondering what is the best deal for me. I can buy the RME ADI-2 DAC FS + Neurochrome modulus 286 for about $4200 (CA) or I can buy the Rotel RA-1592MKII for about $3K. I have no idea how the RME DAC + Neurochrome amplifier will sound but I have listened to the RA-1592MKII which I like.
I love the idea of having two separated devices that can be upgraded and/or replaced if my needs or the technology change but the price is a lot and it would be my endgame HiFi system. There are no measurements by Amir for the RA-1592MKII but I think I could buy it to save some money and spend the extra bucks to treat my audiophile nightmare rectangular room with drywalls, windows and a big alcove - where do I even start... :-( but that's a topic for another thread.
My speakers are the Sonus Faber Lumina 5 (50-300W 4 ohm).

What do you guys think?
Rotel.

Top Bottom