• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best USB to S/PDIF (RCA) converter ?

Red_Red

Hello, everything is in the title.
I am looking for a simple but effective USB to S/PDIF (RCA) interface.
It seems that the Topping D10 would fill this office. But I was wondering, after reading this article : Review and Measurements of Allo DigiOne RPI S/PDIF, if there was an USB to S/PDIF (RCA) interface with measurements similar or better to the Allo DigiOne !?

OP
Red_Red

Red_Red

Thank you Amir. I had already read this thread especially since I have the SMSL X-USB for 2 years now. I'm trying to replace it in my nanoDIGI-based active filtering.
Moreover I realized that we were several to use the nanoDIGI (or interested in it) on this forum. Would there be a chance for you to test it ?

D

Deleted member 65

This ...

1545823400302.png

D

Deleted member 65

IMHO Singxer SU-1 is simply not worth it - Topping D10 will do the same job for more than half of the price.

Sort of agree with you. However if you're after maximum flexibility and future proofing Singxer tics many boxes due to its many output connections.

1545824810285.png

SiW

D10 is what I’m using with my NanoDIGI :)

Which DAC or DACs are you using with your NanoDIGI?

SiW

Also, if you’re in Europe check out the CYP au-d160.

It’s also usb powered using the XMOS chip but has optical output and is in a smaller package than the D10.

From A/B listening they sound the same (no ABX test).

OP
Red_Red

Red_Red

Which DAC or DACs are you using with your NanoDIGI?
For now I'm using 3 "full digital" amps but I plan to change that in the future by going through 3 Khadas Tone Boards
and ncore amps.

SiW

For now I'm using 3 "full digital" amps but I plan to change that in the future by going through 3 Khadas Tone Boards
and ncore amps.

Nice :)

Are you going to run a master clock for the Tone Boards?

OP
Red_Red

Red_Red

I came across this interface : Armature Hecate same as Singxer F-1 in a case. But without being sure that it is more efficient than the D10 for more than twice its price ...

Last edited:
Top Bottom