• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best tool for the job...Dirac VST or MiniDSP SHD??

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
EJ3, I think you'd probably get a better response posting a separate thread exposing your question to a wider audience.

What I can say about the SHD in relation to how it could help you, is that with it's digital output iit could be a DAC and ADC for all your analog to digital and vise versa recording, and give you room correction in your stereo system. I probably recommend however something better suited to your process and that would be the ADI-2 Pro FS R Black Edition. 2-Channel high-end AD/DA Converter. There are cheaper options, but the RME is superlative in this aspect for the money.

Thank you for not being condescending and the advice on getting it out to a wider audience. I am relatively new to the computer scene in the USA, I left the USA in 2001 & lived in 3rd world cell phone and computer access conditions until the second half of 2018. Web sites like this, texting, streaming, heavy traffic (prior to 2001, where I lived in the USA you wouldn't see a car for 10 minutes to an hour at a time, so to me 5 cars at the same time is heavy traffic) where I live now (which is where I lived prior to 2001) are all new to me.

Yes, I was thinking that I need both a DAC & ADC in one package. I know that my oppo 205 has a very good DAC but it seems that for what I need to do a one box solution is a much better idea. At the moment I am not working and (while I have enough to live on for at least a year, I have to be careful with it and get back to working soon. But I can look at this selection and plan, which is primarily what I wanted. Thank You for Your Consideration.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I believe you want the same center frequency for your crossover, so try 45 Hz on both the speaker and the sub to avoid "double bass" and phase cancellations.

OP
HionHiFi

HionHiFi

Thank you for not being condescending and the advice on getting it out to a wider audience. I am relatively new to the computer scene in the USA, I left the USA in 2001 & lived in 3rd world cell phone and computer access conditions until the second half of 2018. Web sites like this, texting, streaming, heavy traffic (prior to 2001, where I lived in the USA you wouldn't see a car for 10 minutes to an hour at a time, so to me 5 cars at the same time is heavy traffic) where I live now (which is where I lived prior to 2001) are all new to me.

Yes, I was thinking that I need both a DAC & ADC in one package. I know that my oppo 205 has a very good DAC but it seems that for what I need to do a one box solution is a much better idea. At the moment I am not working and (while I have enough to live on for at least a year, I have to be careful with it and get back to working soon. But I can look at this selection and plan, which is primarily what I wanted. Thank You for Your Consideration.
Sure thing. I'd add one thing. It looks like your Oppo 205 has digital inputs/outputs and analog I/O's so I think it'd be as good as anyone needs to do the digitizing of analog signals you put through it.

EJ3

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sure thing. I'd add one thing. It looks like your Oppo 205 has digital inputs/outputs and analog I/O's so I think it'd be as good as anyone needs to do the digitizing of analog signals you put through it.

I know that it does but at the time I put it into my system I was working 14 hours a day & did not read the manual. I just did what I already knew how to do. This weekend I will take the time to read the manual. Thank you for reminding me of that. Glad I posted what I have. Maybe I have half (or more) of what I need.

HiFidFan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Not yet. I intend to do so this weekend. Once I've done it, I'll report my findings here.

Following up on this. I'm curious how it worked out for you.

OP
HionHiFi

HionHiFi

Following up on this. I'm curious how it worked out for you.
I tried Dirac and I liked the result I got with it. Ultimately I wanted to a different music player and a different room correction engine so I sold the SHD.

Top Bottom