• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best subwoofer under $1000

Usernome

I figured I'd ask you guys since there are so many knowledgable people here. I'm in the market for a pair of subwoofers - my budget is $1000 max for each, but ideally I'd spend around $750 each. I'm leaning towards sealed subs for their compactness and smoother low end roll off. I don't play very loud, so I don't need super high max SPL, I mainly want something that can extend as deeply and cleanly as possible, to at least 20hz.

From the research I've done and the subs I've seen measurements of, I'm leaning towards the HSU ULS-15 MK2 (https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/hsu-uls-15-mk2/measurements). HSU sells them in pairs for a slight discount, and they are local to me so I can pick them up without shipping costs. I just wanted to cover all my bases in case I have missed a better option. Thanks

q3cpma

Major Contributor
I guess you should also look at Rythmik, as the servo principle should give the edge in distorsion over other designs. Please do remember that porting is probably the best way to reduce LF distorsion (if done properly).

OP
U

Usernome

I guess you should also look at Rythmik, as the servo principle should give the edge in distorsion over other designs. Please do remember that porting is probably the best way to reduce LF distorsion (if done properly).
Yeah, the Rythmiks are definitely interesting. I found measurements of the F12 here (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KjlXBWMPAHgU_V9DAHSdIZ_ke0MxwH6ekt3vTIlYOJU/edit#gid=0), which would be in the same price bracket as the ULS-15. Looks like between 20-31.5hz the Rythmik can do 109db while the HSU can do 112.9, and at 16hz it can do 101db while the HSU can do 104.3. I'm sure the 15" must do better, but those are out of my price range.

Top Bottom