• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best sub under 1000/790 CAD/USD???

OP
H

HighFutility

Taking it all in thank you all for the recommendations. My Yamaha amp has YPOA which is a room correction of sorts. I believe the SVS sub has some sort of DSP built in with an APP.

Paradigm Defiance v12= 250 peak, 120 RMS = 849$
Martin Logan 600 peak, 300rms= 1099$
SVS PB 1000 825peak, 325 rms = 829$
Polk HT 12 400 peak, 200rms = 699$

In addition, I'm not aware if ML or paradigm can go as low to 20Hz.

Thoughts?

FeddyLost

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Def V12 looks nice by independent measurements

Alice of Old Vincennes

Major Contributor
I purchased the Defiance X15.
My problem with big subs is family. I can never use them unless they are gone. Wife and son in Florida for 4 days. Volume turned to calibrated level. They return tomorrow and volume will precipitously dial back. Can you imagine, teenager complaining about Dad's sub. DC Bizarro world.

H-RYCAJ

I just stumbled upon monolith subwoofers, and they seem to be similarly priced against SVS subs, at least in the USA. Not sure if it's possible to find these in Canada for less than 1000$ after shipping and exchange rate.

On a side note, looking at their specs, is there anything remotely close to this price performance? The sub goes down to 16hz and has a 500W RMS amp with low distortion. Monolith and SVS seem to be the only companies that have all their models thoroughly reviewed. What's even crazier is their price point, given that their lowest rated power sub is 300W which is almost double most of the high-end brands. What's the deal?

Indy

There are not many subs that can compete with Monoprice subs when it comes to cost and performance. You would have to go diy to better their subs or pay a lot more for other companies subs.

Willem

Major Contributor
Prices for subs differ enormously between markets. Over here in the Netherlands the KEF Kube series probably gives you most bang for the buck, and certainly more than SVS.

H-RYCAJ

I have found a few more subs that may be of interest.

Starke sound 12-inch sub: https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/starke-sound-sw15-and-sw12/conclusion Measurements via Audioholics. Currently 399 USD and somehow free shipping to Canada. Amir and others have measured some of their products and found their power ratings fraudulent. However, I trust Audioholics measurements.

Speed woofer 10 mk2

https://rslspeakers.com/speedwoofer10s-mkii/ 449 USD ships to Canada. Independent review by Audioholics https://www.audioholics.com/subwoofer-reviews/rsl-10s-mkii/conclusion

THD is much higher with these subs, and they do not come close to Monolith m-10 or 12. I don't know of any subs that beat Monoliths posted THD.

Top Bottom