• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

staticV3

Master Contributor
I now have REW working at 384k FFT window size with FlexASIO :)
I did play a bit with ADC_INT_SEL, but I didn't get any improvement.
What does it change ? And how did you improve ?
The ADC_INT_SEL parameter changes the loop integrator of the ADC modulator (Ivan's words, I'm clueless).
This can be defined for each of the four ADC's separately. In the Cosmos program, ADC1&3 control the left channel, 2&4 control the right one.
I just let Arta run in the background with no input on the Cosmos. I enabled A-weighting as well as Ivan's 20-20K BW limiter file, then I kept my eye on the RMS value as I cycled through all possible configurations for each channel (16x16 per channel).
The best combination for my specific unit was 11, 11, 11, 7. But it might be something else entirely for yours.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I cycled through all possible configurations for each channel (16x16 per channel).
I played a bit with those.
Didn't try the 256 options per channel, and even farer from the 65536 combinations to optimize the mono mode (it might be that optimum for mono doesn't correspond to combination of each channel's optimum).
I still maximize at 127.9dBA.
Wasn't that tuned by Ivan akready ?

Stupid question: is the source code of the tweak app available ?
I can write a "brute force" optimization software but I then need to know how to write the values without screwing everything.

Last edited:

nagster

I want Grade A, so I'm trying to buy it on Aliexpress for the first time.
But it's difficult. Is it common on Aliexpress?
ali02.png

I noticed post # 430. I believe it and move on.

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor

Could it be Grade A is simply out of stock?

staticV3

Master Contributor
@nagster Bundle 3 = Grade A, which is currently available on AliExpress.

Last edited:

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
View attachment 158789
It says the lowest price (so Grade C) is 139 and clicking both available, you don't get 139, so the two available are Grade B and A, 199 being Grade A (so bundle 3)

nagster

So, looks like you can contact directly and pay with PayPal if you don't want to wait for grade A to show up on Ali
thank you.
I learned at the end of last month that I could buy it directly. (Around page 18)
I immediately applied from the form at the bottom of the E1DA top page. (Once again in a few days) No reply until today.

I noticed that it's on Aliexpress today, but I'm confused by Grade A and Bundle.

nagster

@nagster Bundle 3 = Grade A, which is currently available on AliExpress.
It says the lowest price (so Grade C) is 139 and clicking both available, you don't get 139, so the two available are Grade B and A, 199 being Grade A (so bundle 3)
I'm still worried, but I rushed into Bundle 3. I pray that the Cosmos ADC that arrives is Grade A.
thank you.

Veri

Master Contributor
In any version, this ADC exceeds everything I could only dream of. The best for that kind of money.
Nice.. Enjoy :)! And I presume people just want the best version even if it's a bit futile.

nagster

Since the purpose is also to measure, I can rest assured if it is 10 dB linear than DUT.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi guys

Just measured my RME ADI-2 Pro fs R in mono mode (+19dBu range)
ADC is the E1DA ADC

RME ADI-2 Pro fs R Mono 19dBu SINAD.png

Boring, isn't it ? :cool:

Also, with a sine wave, I can push the volume by 0.5dB without adding distortion, so I get this SINAD
Yes, thats <1PPM THD for DAC + ADC
RME ADI-2 Pro fs R Mono 19dBu +0.5 SINAD.png

Without pushing the level, I still get this at 0dBFS:

RME ADI-2 Pro fs R Mono 19dBu 0dBFS SINAD.png

Last edited:

Hee

Hi guys

Just measured my RME ADI-2 Pro fs R in mono mode (+19dBu range)
ADC is the E1DA ADC

View attachment 159601
Boring, isn't it ? :cool:

Also, with a sine wave, I can push the volume by 0.5dB without adding distortion, so I get this SINAD
Yes, thats <1PPM THD for DAC + ADC
View attachment 159600

Without pushing the level, I still get this at 0dBFS:

View attachment 159602
Thank you for the good test.
Cosmos seems to have an issue at low Hz.
Can we see thd+n of 40-100hz using Adi-2 pro fsr loopback and Cosmos?

lucian

I just now calibrated 10pcs grade-A, ask Sunny tomorrow.
can you elaborate us how/what you calibrate?

how long term stable is this high level calibration? still good after one year on shelf? temperature dependence?

can we do that calibration afterwards ourself? which equipment?

considering import tax and stuff I would really like to be able to do it myself - (it*s sold out anyway unfortunately)

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
1) I try to adjust the min noise by INT_SEL but usually there are 11/11:11/11
2) I warming up the unit with hot air, and adjust 2nd/3rd harmonics for the Left, next for the Right channel
3) waiting for 2min and check/readjust 2nd/3rd again to make sure that thermal balance is reached
4) if compensation coefficients are changed I go to wait 2min more and repeat the adjustment
Done.

Reactions: Hee

lucian

1) I try to adjust the min noise by INT_SEL but usually there are 11/11:11/11
2) I warming up the unit with hot air, and adjust 2nd/3rd harmonics for the Left, next for the Right channel
3) waiting for 2min and check/readjust 2nd/3rd again to make sure that thermal balance is reached
4) if compensation coefficients are changed I go to wait 2min more and repeat the adjustment
Done.
thx

so you are using a SIN generator as reference?

these parameters are stored in the ADC chip itself? or corrected in LUT outside of the ADC?

sorry for my curiosity - if its too much just ignore me ;) just working with simpler ADC myself and always surprised with this raw performance

Top Bottom