• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

Grooved

Addicted to Fun and Learning
We still have grade-B ADCs, and probably A as well, better to ask Sunny, she handles sales.
OK thanks, I'm over busy so may ask a friend to check it. How to contact Sunny, via Discord ?

MC_RME

Technical Expert
Audio Company
I'm confused. I checked your AliExpress store every day and there is still nothing.

nagster

If you don't want to build one, you may still use this
It wasn't because I didn't want to build it. (Of course it's easier not to build.)

I leave something behind. I don't know why, but the more important supporting characters tend to be left behind.
Another reason is that I simply want to reduce my luggage.
Y-para cable is sufficient for fixed use on a bench.

Thanks for the link. At this price, it's better to buy than to make.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
I did measure 5 hand-made preproduction samples before sending them for reviews. Goldensound get the sample #2 but seems he decided to give up the review, the same like others, only Archimago made some pre-review of sample#3(SNR 128db(A)). It is VERY common situation, you sent the samples and nothing happened at all. Units we send to buyers yesterday were better for THD and for SNR too. For example, this guy https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0HrD4cTsQpAZ8KK9jPzzGg got 128.6db(A) unit for a full price even didn't ask for the discount.

boXem | audio,​

as my colleague got 128.9db(A) unit, which I found suddenly in the first batch after some ADC_Int_Sel tweaking. Archimago's sample is a minimal grade-A i.e. 128db(A), I have 3-5 units with .1-.3db missed to be grade-A, and being marked as grade-B. I believe many of a grade-B users may try with a real chance to tweak the ADC for the ADC_Int_Sel to get grade-A performance. Of course, if I'll have no time to tweak that.
WeChat Image_20211001165924.jpg

HiZ

RME is currently doing top tier offerings with AK5574 There are motu and a few others offer multichannel versions also with AK5574 but performance is much worse.
Do you have any plans to produce a 2ch ADC of the flagship level measurement for the studio?
Personally, I'm really touched by the top D90se, so I'm looking forward to it.

IVX

Major Contributor
South of China, SHZ area, - Слава Україні
I can add 48V there but the problem is not about that.
1) Scaler would be needed to scale old-style line outputs 300-500mVrms, like R2R, LP turntables, up to 1.7-10Vrms i.e. 10-20db of the gain
2) a mic preamp needs up to 60db of gain
So, I hope I'll not add the 48V because not too high a demand for that. Many people asking about vinyl ripping, and only you and one more guy in our discord wants a Mic preamp.
Who already has Neumann U87 he has preamp $3000 as well, and the only what the guy has no is the precise modern ADC. I see no other reason to use Cosmos ADC with mics like SM58 or so.

Last edited:

192kbps

1) Scaler would be needed to scale old-style line outputs 300-500mVrms, like R2R, LP turntables, up to 1.7-10Vrms i.e. 10-20db of the gain
So, I hope I'll not add the 48V because not too high a demand for that. Many people asking about vinyl ripping, and only you and one more guy in our discord wants a Mic preamp.
Who already has Neumann U87 he has preamp $3000 as well, and the only what the guy has no is the precise modern ADC. I see no other reason to use Cosmos ADC with mics like SM58 or so.

I have purchased a Cosmos ADC and I really need a microphone preamplifier. The microphone preamps on the market have too many useless functions and the performance is not good enough.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have purchased a Cosmos ADC and I really need a microphone preamplifier. The microphone preamps on the market have too many useless functions and the performance is not good enough.
I beg to differ.
You may want to have to look here, as an example.

Evgeniy

So, I hope I'll not add the 48V because not too high a demand for that.

IVX, you are right, zero sense for 1-2 customers.

"I see no other reason to use Cosmos ADC with mics like SM58 or so."

Yes. But I say not about SM58, target is good stereo pair of mic's.
Some chinese companies, for example SE, produce nice mic's for small part of price of "old brand's".
And typical mobile device, works from USB powerbank, for example Motu M2, isn't so good for these purposes.

It's not only price question.
on market I see many good mic preamp's, but practically all nice model's use 230V and has big cases, for 19" rack's or half rack's.
Nice for studio, but not very good for recording on concerts.
Market segment "good 2-ch Mic preamp + good ADC" is not filled.

Rja4000

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Some chinese companies, for example SE, produce nice mic's for small part of price of "old brand's".
And typical mobile device, works from USB powerbank, for example Motu M2, isn't so good for these purposes.

on market I see many good mic preamp's, but practically all nice model's use 230V and has big cases, for 19" rack's or half rack's.

Did you check the RME UCX II ?
It's 1/2 rack, works on 12V battery, and is able to record directly to USB stick.

HiZ

You're right.
However, considering the connection with the audio interface that the person originally has, it seems good to support digital output such as ADAT or AES/EBU (SPDIF).
It will also be good to release it like a studio version by strengthening terminal connectivity and diversifying input sensitivity settings in the future.

192kbps

That's what I wanted to say.

Top Bottom