• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best speakers to use for atmos ON the ceiling that can be tilted 45 degrees but close to the ceiling?

Artscience100

I want to find speakers to go on ceiling that have good sound, but that are probably around 5 inches deep so that even after I tilt them 45 degrees, the part of the speaker lowest to the ground is still no more than 10 inches off the ceiling.

Budget is preferably $100 per speaker, but so far I haven't found anything too promising even at $200 per speaker. Please rec me the best options at $100 per, and the best options at <$250 per, and what the tradeoffs are with all of them, and I'll see what to do. For use with Infinity towers and center channel and surrounds.

Best options I'm aware of so far are all higher up in that range.

- SVS Prime Elevations, except they only tilt 25 degrees not 45.
- Revel M55XC's which I think can be tilted 45 degrees, but the measurements look pretty bad. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/revel-m55xc-outdoor-speaker-review.14881/
- PSB CS500's but they're already 8 inches deep on ceiling, including mount, before being tilted at all.
- Emotiva Airmotiv A1's but only tilted 25 degrees or so, maybe less, and not built for ceiling mounting like the prior three.
- I also wonder if any "in ceiling" atmos speakers with flat backs could be drilled flat on the ceiling, instead of inside. Would need to be ones where the front is tilted though, but the back is straight, otherwise it wouldn't work. At least, unless I can buy wedges to mount on the ceiling, and then drill the flat backs of the speakers into the angled wedge, without it all falling down. This would also the issue for the SVS Prime Elevations.

Thanks for any help, much appreciated.

preload

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Pictures of your mounting location will give you more tailored responses.

OP
A

Artscience100

Pictures of your mounting location will give you more tailored responses.

Thank you. It will just be on the ceiling, into the stud. Maybe I will post pictures at some point but if anyone can just go off of that for now, would be really appreciated. Just assume there are no walls anywhere, only ceiling for miles, and that's how I'll need to mount it.

Top Bottom