• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Sounds for $400-$600 budget DAC/AMP

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Using the Aeon 2 (impedance 13 ohms) with the Topping A50 (9.4 ohms bal) I had weak sub bass and distorted bass response. When I switched to the Atom, and then the A90, those issues went away. Of course this could all be in my head...

If you look at the impedance and phase of the headphone of the Aeon Closed, it doesn't change at all, completely flat. So it should not be affected

https://www.stereophile.com/content/mrspeakers-aeon-closed-back-headphones-measurements

Chances are, what you heard was really just the A50 not supplying sufficient current to the headphones.

twsecrest

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Using the Aeon 2 (impedance 13 ohms) with the Topping A50 (9.4 ohms bal) I had weak sub bass and distorted bass response. When I switched to the Atom, and then the A90, those issues went away. Of course this could all be in my head...
Atom has around 1-Ohm output impedance, better for low Ohm headphones.

OP
E

eXodus

Thanks everyone, I ended up ordering the JDS Element II (Red Ring) to start.

Top Bottom