• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best sounding albums / songs?

IowAudio

Forum Donor
Recent favorites. Eric Clapton From the Cradle, excellent blues album and well recorded. Another interesting one is Jackson Browne Running on Empty, album was very well recorded on the original album tour and not in studio. Some songs recorded live in concert, others recorded live on the road. To me this album is very unique and always a pleasure.

ctakim

Forum Donor
Got a new 2.1 speaker/sub set up recently and listened to Pink Floyd's The Dark Side of the Moon today. All those year's of listening to this album in the 70's and i never appreciated the fancy spacial stereo effects until now. The pandemic has caused me to renew my interest in quality audio gear once again and I'm loving it!!

Moonhead

Muddy Waters Sound very good, Best I dunno!
Ry Cooder and Joan Armatrading have made several good albums.

cany89

The "What are you listening to right now" thread is cool, but I didn't find a thread that recommends music based on SQ alone...

Oh just noticed that your name is PearlJam! Assuming you also like Soundgarden... Superunknown is very special for me. Both as a listener and musician. Drums, wall of sound on most songs, especially 4th of July, single and double track vocals. And it’s all recorded to tape. What you hear is what they played. Not like todays digital mambo jambo.
But you need to find an old version, not remastered. They compressed the hell out of it.
You can find versions here

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps Miles Davis' Bitches Brew just because I'm listening to the multich sacd of it now?

Top Bottom