• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Schiit Modius Input

OctoEmu

Which input should I use for the Schiit Modius? I'm unsure of which to use since the review did USB, Toslink, and Coax.

Last edited:

syzygetic

I use USB and Coax. Can't tell the difference on either very-resolving speakers or very good headphones. It's a solid DAC.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think w/the USB you will have higher sample rate options in the Windows settings/properties.

IcyMidnight

Oh, yeah. That's maybe worth checking. Probably depends on what'd in between.

D

Deleted member 22273

usb

Attachments

• Bluesound Node 2i SINAD Measurements.png
    Bluesound Node 2i SINAD Measurements.png
    111.7 KB · Views: 246

raif71

Major Contributor
I'm kind of interested in this dac. Looking for a usd200 xlr balanced dac... wonder if I should get this or wait for the new Topping d30pro... currently there's no mention of price for the new Topping dac

dfuller

Major Contributor
USB is ever-so-slightly lower jitter than optical aes or coax, but it's really a non-issue for any of them. I have mine hooked up to my ADI-2 Pro for a second set of outputs (though admittedly I'm considering selling mine).

Top Bottom