• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best process of transition from one AVR to another

Jazz

I am moving from a Yamaha HTR-4065 to the TSR-700. I would appreciate any advice on best way to do this.
Should I write down all my old settings? Do I need to do anything else or be aware of any Yamaha-mish changes or terminology changes?
(The 4065 will go to a bedroom setup. The 4065 uses the older but fine AV Controller app, has Airplay 1.)
I will also run zone 2 smaller speakers from LR 700 into DR for music in there.
Thanks

tvrgeek

Major Contributor
Never a bad idea to write down settings as occasionally a reboot in needed. Of course, the way you set it up last time may not march how you want to use it now.

OP
Jazz

Jazz

It went easy for settings and wires. Except for the pain in my old body!
I took pictures of both for reference. After I finally figured out where the hidden connect capacitance button was, I got the MusicCast app up and running fairly quickly.
Sounds great. I think my AKM external DAC is better than the TI PCM5102A but the TI is probably the third best DAC I have. This lines up with data here too.
I am adding front down firing presence for Atmos. Eventually MusicCast rears.
I do miss that Yamaha orange light… It was a big part of the brand experience for me. This blue is Sony. (Green Onkyo, JVC red, Pioneer white?, Technics yellow?)

Top Bottom