• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best place to purchase Genelec monitors in the US (West Coast)?

jackmw

Forum Donor
Any suggestions about good places to search for at least some discount on MSRP, whether local dealers or online shops? It seems Genelec is pretty firm on pricing with their dealer network, so maybe there are just no discounts to be had. The used market seens to have pretty low volume. I would like to find a nice pair of either 8330a or 8030c, with matching sub (7050c or 7350a). Thank you for any advice or pointers.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
They're cheaper in Canada. Studio Economik ships to the US. I have only bought from them in Canada so I don't know what duty/shipping is like, or if Genelec restricts them from doing that. May or may not be worth it depending on what your total comes to and how much shipping is. You should be able to get an answer from their sales email within 24h, if interested.

zym1010

Forum Donor
You can try BH Photo with their PayBoo card. The card can waive all the sales tax, which kind of acts as a discount... I purchased mine (8330x2 + 7350) this way.

OP
J

jackmw

Forum Donor
They're cheaper in Canada. Studio Economik ships to the US. I have only bought from them in Canada so I don't know what duty/shipping is like, or if Genelec restricts them from doing that. May or may not be worth it depending on what your total comes to and how much shipping is. You should be able to get an answer from their sales email within 24h, if interested.

This was a great recommendation. They do have reasonable rates to ship to the US (California, at least). Ask for a quote to get a better price than their (already-discounted) advertised rates.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Based on the recent Black Friday and Boxing Week sales, I would pick musiccitycanada.com in Ontario.
They had 15% off Genelecs on Black Friday, and 10% off on Boxing Week.
See deals thread.

By the way, Genelecs are still 10% off at avshop.ca (price visible when you add to cart).

In case you want to look at other resellers...Take a look at my recent thread, and you'll see all the Canadian resellers/dealers for Genelec.

Senior NEET Engineer

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I doubt you will get warranty service ordering from Canada. I'm about to send one of my speakers in. The power button no longer works.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
J

jackmw

Forum Donor
Do any of you US dwellers know of a way to get reasonable prices for Genelec monitor stands/accessories? All the US dealers seem to mark this stuff up to an excessive degree (just like they do the monitors :()

zym1010

Forum Donor
Do any of you US dwellers know of a way to get reasonable prices for Genelec monitor stands/accessories? All the US dealers seem to mark this stuff up to an excessive degree (just like they do the monitors :()

Thomann music

Top Bottom