• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Parametric EQ Audio Plugin for Headphone Equalization?

dodecahedron

On windows, the standard for headphone equalization seem to be the combination of Equalizer APO and Peace. On macOS, there is no real standard and the equalization is usually done using an Audio Plugin (AU Plugin) within an plugin hosting software (ex: SoundSource). I've used the AUNBandEQ plugin built into macOS and it is... ok, but pretty basic.

What is your Audio Plugin recommendation (free or payed), and your reasons for recommending it?

Bonus: I would really like to have a software/plugin to visualise the effect of my personal parametric EQs. More specifically, I would like to be able to load a target response (ex: Harman) and some headphone measurements (ex: from oratory1990) and then apply the my personal parametric EQ settings to see what effect it would theoretically have on the headphone measurements. Similar to what they do in this video with Equalizer APO:

trl

Major Contributor
King of Mods

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Howdy @dodecahedron :D Yes, we have a thread for EQ/PEQ software stuff set up and we would like to keep everything EQ/PEQ software under one thread. So can you please move your stuff there and join in on the thread?... Thanksssss :D

Top Bottom