• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best near field passive desktop speaker's for 250 euros.

Hi all,

I've recently ordered a new amp called Quad Vena II's and I'm planning to Pair it with the Q3020i loudspeakers but I feel like these speakers are probably not built to be used as speakers for a PC as a lot of people said I need to use near field monitors instead if I plan to game with them.

Can someone recommend me a decent pair of near field speakers that are also passive under the price of 250 euros, unless my Q3020is are fine then I'm happy.

The reason Im thinking of getting near field monitors are because people say they won't have an audible noise floor, basically hissless when on the desktop.

Any feedback would be much appreciated as I know I can trust you guys.

Zek

Major Contributor
they won't have an audible noise floor, basically hissless
When people talk about monitors, most think of active speakers that can have hiss.
Passive speakers are less susceptible to hiss.
It is best to try the selected speaker with your amplifier in the nearfield position.

OP
A
When people talk about monitors, most think of active speakers that can have hiss.
Passive speakers are less susceptible to hiss.
It is best to try the selected speaker with your amplifier in the nearfield position.
That's exactly that's I'm looking for, I already ordered myself am expensive 700 euro amplifier called Quad Vena 2 and I'm looking for some near field speakers that I can keep on my table for gaming.

Walter

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hiss comes from the amp, pre-amp, DAC, or other electronics. If they have none, then neither will your speakers. The speakers just reproduce the signal fed to them. The 3020i will have no inherent hiss and many people use them on desktops.

Edit: Oops, just saw the date of the posts I replied to.

Top Bottom