• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best IEMs w/ mic under 100€ to use with phone (no dac)

leyo96

Hello,
as the title says I'm looking for IEMs under 100€ to only use with my phone and maybe sometime my laptop. I don't use a dac, just straight from the 3.5mm jack of my pixel 3a.

I stream music from Tidal HiFi, I need these only when I'm going around outside (for the future since I'm stuck in quarantine) and I need a portable solution. I already have a pair of AKG K712 pro with a JDS Atom to use at home and a pair of Sennheiser Momentum to use like when travelling.

Wired or wireless is the same, but I'm 99% sure I'll get a better value from wires. Since I mainly use them with my phone I need a mic since it's way more convenient for calls.

Thank you!

Hemi-Demon

Blon BLO5 (or the BLO3 on sale for $27). Not sure you can get anything better than these under $100.

OP
L

leyo96

Blon BL03: 24€
Blon bl05: 40€ but I could end up paying customs up to 70€, but Linsoul says that they can declare a lower price to don't pay customs
The starfield don't have a mic
Urbanfun don't have a mic as well

BillG

Major Contributor
The higher price bracket KZ's are quite good: I'm specifically referring to the AS10 and ZSX, since I own them both. They've a more neutral tuning than the brand's lower priced offerings.

The sub-bass on the ZSX has a bit more of a presence, since that uses a dynamic driver for bass reproduction, as opposed to a balanced armature as on the AS10. However, neither of them is a slouch in that department. Some feel the bass on the AS10 is more controlled and refined, though.

The lower treble on them both can be a little hot, thus leading to some sibilance on occasion. However, notching down 2kHz by -3 dB resolves the issue while retaining clarity.

https://www.thephonograph.net/kz-as10-review/

https://www.thephonograph.net/kz-zsx-review/

Asylum Seeker

Blon BLO5 (or the BLO3 on sale for $27). Not sure you can get anything better than these under $100.
Sure, you can. The BLON BL-03 is good for $25, but it is far from the best choice SQ-wise under $100 and it suffers from fitment problems.

See my recommendations below.

Last edited:

Asylum Seeker

The 05 has worse FR than the 03, I don’t know why they changed the tuning.

The Starfield is right around OP’s budget and is a contender.
The Urbanfun YBF also seems good.
Starfield has no mic. Mine certainly doesn't.

Last edited:

Asylum Seeker

The 05 has worse FR than the 03, I don’t know why they changed the tuning.

The Starfield is right around OP’s budget and is a contender.
The Urbanfun YBF also seems good.

KZ ZS10 Pro - $35
BQEYZ KC2 - $40

The KC2 is the more balanced and neutral of the two, and made of metal. They are both sensitive so they need no external amplification. ZS10 Pro cable kinda sucks.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
FiiO FH1s 60~70$ think default cable is without mic, & FiiO LC-BT2 80$ neckband if you want to go BT.
FH1S Ear Tips Comparison.png

Last edited:

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
@leyo96 Onkyo E700M from 22$ on Ali no box & accessories, white version only available. Cable is prone to get ripped out on earphone side otherwise great.
089d5b9584e7fea103ea09745b3748f7.png

Asylum Seeker

Yeah, that's Europe pricing for you. I am in Indonesia.

BillG

Major Contributor
AS10: 50€
ZSX: 45€

I can't really eq them since I'll use them on my phone.

Yes, you can actually, but it'll be upon what software you're running. If on Android, many of them have Dolby Atmos on-board - it has a graphic EQ - and numerous media players for the OS have graphic EQ built-in. My favorite Android music player, PowerAmp , has had one for many years.

OP
L

leyo96

Yes, you can actually, but it'll be upon what software you're running. If on Android, many of them have Dolby Atmos on-board - it has a graphic EQ - and numerous media players for the OS have graphic EQ built-in. My favorite Android music player, PowerAmp , has had one for many years.
I use Tidal and afaik there isn't any eq. I don't know if I can use an external EQ, I've never tried.

DChenery

Forum Donor
To fit your specs, i would recommend the 1more triple driver. Has the inline mic you are requesting, and while still a V profile, I find it slightly less sharp than the KZ's. Currrently on Amazon for $65

OP
L

leyo96

To fit your specs, i would recommend the 1more triple driver. Has the inline mic you are requesting, and while still a V profile, I find it slightly less sharp than the KZ's. Currrently on Amazon for $65
I already owned them. I returned them twice because both time the left earpiece failed, the second time I just got my money back. Sound was ok, but they didn't fit me well at all

MRC01

Major Contributor
VSonic VSD3S measure well (Innerfidelity has a sheet on them). And they're in your price range. And you can get them with, or without, a mic. And they come with several different ear tips. Occasionally you can find the more expensive VSonic GR07 for $100 which is even better. I have a pair of those too. The VSD3S sound good, the GR07 sound great.
I've had mine for a few years now, still working fine.

OP
L

leyo96

VSonic VSD3S measure well (Innerfidelity has a sheet on them). And they're in your price range. And you can get them with, or without, a mic. And they come with several different ear tips. Occasionally you can find the more expensive VSonic GR07 for $100 which is even better. I have a pair of those too. The VSD3S sound good, the GR07 sound great.
I've had mine for a few years now, still working fine.
The vsd3s I can't get them with decent shipping time.
the GR07 32 or 50 ohm? I use them with my phone, I found them for 92€ (if I manage to don't pay customs)

DChenery

Forum Donor
Not sure of the correct etiquette when referencing other websites, so i'll just use the names not links. I like the reviews of iems on Budgetaudio and Crincals charts at In-Ear Fidelity. Note that these are my preferences and YMMV

Budgetaudio is Chifi and Crincal covers pretty well the full range (10's - 1000's of $) and quality of iems and headphones.

DChenery

Forum Donor
I already owned them. I returned them twice because both time the left earpiece failed, the second time I just got my money back. Sound was ok, but they didn't fit me well at all
Sorry to hear that. They have been my goto's for about a month now. Here's hoping mine hold up better than yours.

Good comment/warning on the fit. I recently demo'ed some Sony iems. Loved the sound but could not get comfy with them, even using the same Spinfits i use on the 1more's.

Top Bottom