• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Best Horror movies

Let's post some great horrors, you recently watched :)

Top 3 from me, all of them released in 2018!

1. The Meg (2018)
After escaping an attack by what he claims was a 70-foot shark, Jonas Taylor must confront his fears to save those trapped in a sunken submersible.

2. A Quiet Place (2018)
A family is forced to live in silence while hiding from creatures that hunt by sound.

And one of the best in 2018 is:

3. Halloween (2018)
Laurie Strode confronts her long-time foe Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Disclaimer: All movie info is taken from this site: TwoMovies

Last edited:

hvbias

I have not had a true scare since The Descent :(

I'm not a horror movie connoisseur, but I do enjoy this genre.

As Above, So Below wasn't really scary but I did enjoy the concept and execution. It has some moments that will make you uncomfortable if you have claustrophobia.

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Saw a great horror film the other night: The Neon Demon (I believe the soundtrack has been mentioned in other threads).

A very beautiful film - every scene is a work of art - and with an equally beautiful sound track. Don't expect it to be all action - this is partly an 'art film', but the simple, slow-moving plot does keep you interested nevertheless. Not for the squeamish.

Hugo9000

Alien

The greatest science fiction film of all time, the greatest horror film of all time, and one of the greatest dramas, all rolled into one film.

My favorites tend to be a combination of horror and sci-fi, such as Alien, The Thing (Kurt Russell), and Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Donald Sutherland). Note that two of those, Alien and Invasion of the Body Snatchers, feature Veronica Cartwright who gave incomparable performances of terror and hysteria in both. A magnificent actress who has been sorely underrated throughout her career.

One of the few, and the last horror movie I ever watched in my life, over a decade ago, was Hostel, which near traumatized me. I just don't get horror movies.
I'm with you. Don't like horror movies. Don't understand the appeal. Never did. Never will.

But, YMMV (just to be polite). :)

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
One of the few, and the last horror movie I ever watched in my life, over a decade ago, was Hostel, which near traumatized me. I just don't get horror movies.
I'm with you. Don't like horror movies. Don't understand the appeal. Never did. Never will.

But, YMMV (just to be polite). :)
Just great fun. Remember "its only a movie, its only a movie

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Last edited:

Sal1950

Major Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Childs Play Our ole friend Chucky's been around for a long time. Lots of movies from serious horror to fun comedies with Jennifer Tilly. Most are great ways to pass a couple hours. ;)