• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best headphone for people wearing glasses

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Sundara is semi-open so does have some seal influence:
seal-sund.png

With a worse seal you actually get a bit more bass but less bass extension.
Do note that for people wearing glasses (blue to orange) the bass above 30Hz is unaffected and only the lowest sub-bass is a little compromised so in reality you won't hear less bass when wearing glasses.

note: the brown trace is a substantial seal loss (pads lifted 2mm !)

Last edited:

MRC01

Major Contributor
... I actually ended up buying spectacles with flat thin metal "legs" which sit naturally almost flush to my head for when using ear protection (racing cars are loud!) which are much more comfortable than the typical plastic legs and allow a much better seal. Thin wire ones are pretty good too.
With these frames all headphones I have tried have been comfortable and sealed well enough.
Pilots do the same thing - use glasses or sunglasses having thin wire, or flat metal legs that are flush to the sides of the head because they don't break the headset seal. This makes the headset more comfortable, improves the noise reduction, and you can hear the radios better.

Top Bottom