• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best headphone for Harman Target?

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
uijh67xh2oa81.png

5d5oe8ks2oa81.png

aandres_gm

Very impressive, especially the fact the FR doesn’t change with the ANC, as it usually happens.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The N400 is a wireless IEM.
I would not call it a headphone but earphone.

DJBonoBobo

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Does someone know why the ML has a higher predicetd preference than the AKG? Only looking at the graphs it seems that the AKG is closer to the target?

Svperstar

The N400 is a wireless IEM.
I would not call it a headphone but earphone.

Buyer beware on the AKG N400. I got mine for $47 which is a fantastic deal however in order for the app to work on Android 12 an update needs to be pushed to your phone. It took about two weeks for me to get the update on my S21 Ultra, not sure the situation with other phone manufacturers. Works fine with old versions of Android. I could see some people being stuck with a non-working app depending on if their Android 12 gets patched or not.

fastfreddy666

I'm kind of an old school headphones with wires kind of guy. I would buy a bluetooth one if I could easily replace the battery myself. Well, I don't want to brag but I actually can but you need to be quite comfortable with electronics, heat guns, and soldering irons to do it. It's also very time consuming (1 or 2 hours) and I got work to do. I replaced my Huawei Pro 30 screen recently (I dropped it. The screen cracked). It's a very tedious job even for me and I love tinkering with electronics. It took me more than an hour. It's not easy.

I don't like the "planned obsolescence" of these headphones. The Mark Levinson costs $999 so before I spend that much money I need to see some measurements done by Amirm. If your budget is more constrained you could try Bose QuietComfort 35 II. It comes very close to the target with some shortfalls. But they're easily corrected. (1)

(1) https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...5-ii-review-noise-cancelling-headphone.20584/

I see now they're no longer available. But you could try the new one New Bose QuietComfort 45 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Canceling Headphones
It's $329 on Amazon. I have no idea if it measures differently.

Raphstarr

Buyer beware on the AKG N400. I got mine for $47 which is a fantastic deal however in order for the app to work on Android 12 an update needs to be pushed to your phone. It took about two weeks for me to get the update on my S21 Ultra, not sure the situation with other phone manufacturers. Works fine with old versions of Android. I could see some people being stuck with a non-working app depending on if their Android 12 gets patched or not.
Hey. I just got the N400 today and love them! I have Android 12 on a Note 20 Ultra and had no issues. $47 is an absolute steal. I'm thinking of ordering another pair.

Svperstar

Hey. I just got the N400 today and love them! I have Android 12 on a Note 20 Ultra and had no issues. $47 is an absolute steal. I'm thinking of ordering another pair.

I like mine as well. My only issue is sometimes when I take them out of the case and put them on and their either don't work or only the right earbud works. Putting them back in the charger and taking them back out solves that issues, not a deal breaker but annoying.

Top Bottom