• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best DAC with IR remote & discrete IR inputs or IP control (for Control4 integration)?

nick-v

I'm in the process of updating my desktop system and I want to tie it into my Control4 home automation system.

I'm looking for the best DAC that either has Control4 drivers, or at least has an IR remote with discrete codes for the inputs (not input toggle) so that I can program it into my Control4 system. It also needs built-in volume control. I'm currently using a Cambridge DacMagic Plus, but it's a bit of a pain because I have to manually switch the input whenever I switch between USB & optical inputs. (This isn't a big deal for me, but my wife shares the system with me to work from home.)

This is a multi-purpose home office system: nearfield music listening, working from home (w/ conferencing via Teams, Zoom), occasional movies or tv, occasional gaming. I'm using a 43" Samsung the Frame 4K TV as a computer monitor, so I switch back and forth between the PC input (USB) and the TV input (optical) depending on what my wife or I are doing. I want to set it up so that my wife can easily use it to work from home without having to mess around with my gear. (Keypad programmed with simple tasks: "listen to music", "PC", "Netflix"

The speakers are Dynaudio BM6A mkII active monitors and a Paradigm Monitor SUB10 with PBK.

NAD/Bluesound has great Control4 integration with IP drivers, but their measured performance has been less than impressive so far. The C658 would be great with all of it's features and Roon support through BluOS and Dirac Live, but it doesn't measure well at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: nhs

nhs

I gave up looking for DAC with discrete IR codes for power, input and volume control. It seams to be there is no such desktop DACs (at least Chinese DAC) on the market.

Top Bottom