• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best DAC around $100?

maxxevv

Major Contributor
You mean the scam Ozzgeek site that I wasted my time with and had to get a Paypal refund? Never seen tone board go much below $99..

You could find the VIM version for about US$84/- quite easily on ebay before they ran out too. I nearly bought one by mistake, thankfully the seller was cool about cancelling the order.

marX

Btw , i think I read a review which praised Khadas tone board in all except dynamics. The reviewer thinks the Topping D30 does it better.
I'll post the link when I find it.

Biblob

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just choose the one with suits you best functionality wise. You won't hear a difference between them. They are all audibly transparant.

Roen

You can't go wrong with Monitor Audio. If you want to make an affordable upgrade, consider the Bronze 1s, or the older Bronze BR1s. The BR1s are pretty damned impressive for entry-level speakers. When I sold mine (to get BR 2s), the guy who bought them listened for about two minutes before whipping out his wallet. And then he called me later, to thank me again. They're that good.
I'm definitely in the camp that Monitor Audios are overpriced for what they are and for similar quality, you could be paying 30% of what you pay for the Monitors if you live in the US.

bigx5murf

I've owned/currently own, Monitor Audio Silver 3i, Silver 5i, and ASW-110 sub, Radius 90, Radius center, Radius sub. I feel the build quality is actually very good for the price. Cabinets and finish are particularly good. They have extended highs, and the lows dig much deeper than you'd expect from the small drivers. Where they've cut costs are in the grills, with their cheap fragile pegs (radius had magnetic grills), and the crossovers looked like simple second order possibly, with cheap electrolytic caps. The simple crossovers do make some voices sound huskier than they should, as too much comes from the woofers instead of the tweets. It's not something I notice unless I listen to them back to back with my Thiels.

marX

Any idea about the Sabaj D3 ?
Its on sale now at AliExpress with a nice discount !

Top Bottom