• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best dac amp for hd6xx + iem?

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
How about the RME ADI-2 DAC, it even has a dedicated output for IEMs: :)

1661386523804.png

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A inexpensive portable DAC/Amp with Eq/PEQ that will work with your phone is the Qudelix 5k.

View attachment 226481

Unfortunately it seems the only functional and worth-a-damn integrated headphone driving products available today are the above. I wish there were more options but right now there are not.

On the plus side, OP can buy both with budget to spare.

OP
J

jhd

View attachment 226481
The RME is my initial target but I am overwhelmed by how many features/settings it have. I don't think I can make the most use out of it. Soundwise, I heard some people saying that most dac/amp sound the same, we are just buying its features. So yeah if I learn more about how audio works, I definitely would buy the adi-2.

Count Arthur

Major Contributor
The RME is my initial target but I am overwhelmed by how many features/settings it have. I don't think I can make the most use out of it. Soundwise, I heard some people saying that most dac/amp sound the same, we are just buying its features. So yeah if I learn more about how audio works, I definitely would buy the adi-2.
For day-to-day operation, its no more complicated than any other DAC + amp to use, and you can use it as it is, right out of the box and its default dsettings will be just fine for most things .

But, if you want to, there are a whole bunch of things you can experiment with, loudness, crossfeed, EQ, etc. In addition, the manual is comprehensive, well written and very thorough, unlike the typical afterthoght you get with many electronics; you can download it from the "DOWNLOAD" tab/section on their product page: https://rme-audio.com/adi-2-dac.html

I don't have shares in RME bye the way, but I have had an ADI-2 DAC for a while, maybe 3 or 4 years, and I'm very pleased with it.

Top Bottom