• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

best budget USB headset adapter

champ222

Hi All, this looks like an interesting place, so i though it'd sign up and say hi.

So ive fairly recently got into online gaming, but one issue that has been driving my friends mad is they hear themselves back through my mic whilst gaming. to cut a long story short, i tried using a cheapo USB to TRRS adapter and i plugged the headset into that... annoying problem gone.

I borrowed the USB audio adapter, so now i need to choose one.

The headphones arent the last word in quality, so i dont need anything special, but is there a cheapo budget one that stands out from the rest? Having looked about on amazon, i see many random brand ones for £7 - £10, including a UGREEN branded one (ive used there cables and the seem good) but i noticed it has a realtek chip ALC4042 (and a different one that is ALC4030)... its realtek audio on the motherboard thats causing the current issue. the cheap usb adapter i borrowed, shows in device manager as: USB PnP sound device. for both mic and speakers.

the headset has a 3.5mm TRRS (CTIA) connection, but it comes with a splitter to two 3.5 TRS jacks, but that adds more unnecessary cable length.

i suspect i'm over thinking this, i often do, but can someone recommend something?

Thanks

AdamG

Proving your point makes it “Science”.
Forum Donor
Hi All, this looks like an interesting place, so i though it'd sign up and say hi.

So ive fairly recently got into online gaming, but one issue that has been driving my friends mad is they hear themselves back through my mic whilst gaming. to cut a long story short, i tried using a cheapo USB to TRRS adapter and i plugged the headset into that... annoying problem gone.

I borrowed the USB audio adapter, so now i need to choose one.

The headphones arent the last word in quality, so i dont need anything special, but is there a cheapo budget one that stands out from the rest? Having looked about on amazon, i see many random brand ones for £7 - £10, including a UGREEN branded one (ive used there cables and the seem good) but i noticed it has a realtek chip ALC4042 (and a different one that is ALC4030)... its realtek audio on the motherboard thats causing the current issue. the cheap usb adapter i borrowed, shows in device manager as: USB PnP sound device. for both mic and speakers.

the headset has a 3.5mm TRRS (CTIA) connection, but it comes with a splitter to two 3.5 TRS jacks, but that adds more unnecessary cable length.

i suspect i'm over thinking this, i often do, but can someone recommend something?

Thanks
Welcome Aboard @champ222.

Top Bottom