• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best budget(Sub $180) audio interface?

mattbhm

Hello everyone! I am looking to get an audio interface for my XLR mic(probably Blue Ember, maybe Neat Worker Bee) and maybe some guitar recording. The mic will mainly be used for gaming/streaming and the guitar is just a hobby so nothing super serious. I want something that will last though.

I am mainly considering the following but am open to any.

Audient EVO 4

Motu M2

Scarlett 2i2

Presonus 24c

I know with my use case, any would work. That's why I am mostly looking for what will last the longest/be the easiest to use/least problems. Thanks for any help!!

phoenixsong

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hello everyone! I am looking to get an audio interface for my XLR mic(probably Blue Ember, maybe Neat Worker Bee) and maybe some guitar recording. The mic will mainly be used for gaming/streaming and the guitar is just a hobby so nothing super serious. I want something that will last though.

I am mainly considering the following but am open to any.

Audient EVO 4

Motu M2

Scarlett 2i2

Presonus 24c

I know with my use case, any would work. That's why I am mostly looking for what will last the longest/be the easiest to use/least problems. Thanks for any help!!
Hey, not sure if you still need help, but I think instead of the Presonus you can consider the Audient iD4 and 14 MKii as well as Tascam US-2x2HR. Do note that interfaces do not have the best headphone amps; out of all these I would only use the Audient iDs to drive high impedance (>150ohm) headphones and the Motu M2 to drive low to mid impedance and sensitive IEMs and headphones. For the rest I would get a decent standalone headphone amp

Currently I'm using a Motu M2 with Neat Worker Bee with Audioblast Starquad cables for similar purposes as what you stated. Tbh I'm not satisfied with the audio quality captured by this setup, and have just ordered a Rode NT1 studio kit in a bid to improve it. If it still isn't up to standard I may try swapping out the Motu interface, although I'm quite sure it's a result of the Neat mic's inherent sound signature at this point

Top Bottom