• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Thunder

Budget $200 for each

Some examples:

KRK Rokit RP5 G4
Yamaha HS 5
Adam T5V

OP
Thunder

Thunder

The JBL 305P Mk II and its bigger siblings have been highly reviewed within these pages at ASR. I just love the pair that I own.
I had and liked them, then I sold everything and now I want to get a pair of studio monitors again. How'd they compare against the ones I mentioned?

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I haven't owned any of the ones you mentioned; from things I have read, I would believe the Adams are the best of the ones you mentioned. I have owned a lot of studio monitors though, and as far as two-ways go, I am sold on these JBLs. I like the three-ways offered by Kali and have a pair of those.

AlexanderM

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Or better yet, if you can up your game -- go for some of the Kali Audio 3-ways for not all that much more.

dfuller

Major Contributor
OP
Thunder

Thunder

Thank you for your answers! I might consider getting the JBLs again or maybe try the Kalis then.

Would they be good connected to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen?

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I haven't owned any of the ones you mentioned; from things I have read, I would believe the Adams are the best of the ones you mentioned. I have owned a lot of studio monitors though, and as far as two-ways go, I am sold on these JBLs. I like the three-ways offered by Kali and have a pair of those.
I have the first 305's and the Adam T5V. I think the T5V is better, but only if used with an equalizer (otherwise its too bright).

Top Bottom