• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best budget headphone

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
@davidebond Keep an eye on the Sennheiser Outlet for certified refurbished headphones...

They are very good value, when they are in stock...

1670072863390.png

1670072883932.png

1670072953435.png

Marc v E

Major Contributor
To @Marc v E. Yes. I believe it. But in Italy they costs around 350 euro. Out of budget. I spent too much last month. I must spare...

Thanks,

Davide
I'm changing my hifi layout and would be willing to sell you mine for 150,- if that seems reasonable to you. They have new sennheiser earpads (unused) and are in excellent condition. There are minor cosmetic blemishes on the outside mesh, but it's hardly visible. Working condition is perfect and looks 8 out of 10 imo. If you're interested pm (personal mail) me. I'll send you some pictures. Most important to me is that they'll have a good owner. Price doesn't matter that much to me.

If 2nd hand is not an option, I would recommend what @Berwhale said.

Last edited:
OP
davidebond

davidebond

To @Marc v E the offer is very interesting. If one has not a better idea, I'll take it into consideration. What about Sennheiser HD 599? It is very cheap. To @Berwhale: can I purchase by an outlet located abroad?

Thanks,

Davide

P.S. The important thing is not some minor esthetic defect, but that the sound is as new.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

I googled and found these:

Meze 99
Hifiman he 400 se
Audio-Technica ath-msr7b
Sivga oriole
Sivga phoenix
Sivga Robin

Is there something interesting?

Thanks and best,

Davide

P.S. Of course, the offer of @Marc v E remains in the background.

OP
davidebond

davidebond

Please, take in account that I have an offer for a Sennheiser HD 650. These headsets are to compare with it. They have as advantage that they are new, but they are comparable with the hd 650? One thing that I need in the case of hd 650 are the ear pads, since at home I have an high level of humidity which ruined part of the ear pads of my hd 490.

Best,

Davide

Moonhead

Well there is reason that HD650 is still recommended.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
I googled and found these:

Meze 99
is closed, very far removed from neutral (very dark sound), gives classical music 'warmth'
Hifiman he 400 se
Open, good sound, a bit bass-light and has a sharpish treble peak, generally not bothersome with classical.
Audio-Technica ath-msr7b
closed headphone. Neutral character
Sivga oriole
Sivga phoenix
Sivga Robin
Have no experience with Sivga.

Is there something interesting?
Is closed an option too ?
Are IEM's an option ? (they aren't for me)

Thanks and best,

Davide

P.S. Of course, the offer of @Marc v E remains in the background.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
That would be your best choice.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
can I purchase by an outlet located abroad?

You mentioned Italy further up the thread, so I linked to the Italian version of the outlet, but I believe you can purchase from any of the EU outlets (I suspect that the stock is drawn from the same central pool in Germany)

Marc v E

Major Contributor
@davidebond of course I agree. But maybe you want to look first at the pictures I just send you in your account here at ASR, under personal mail?

(I found out this is a lot easier than refular mail like gmail hotmail etc for including photos, at 10 mb, that's why I did it this way)

Ps just let me know if you can't find it.

Last edited:
OP
davidebond

davidebond

To @Berwhale, I thank you, but the prices are the same. Some minor difference.

In any case I'll bought the HDD 650 from @Marc v E. I found also a couple of pads.

Best,

Davide

OP
davidebond

davidebond

Please, give me your pardon if I don't reply as soon as you write. I suffer from a rare disease, and I am often in bed. Excuse me,

Davide

P.S. To @Marc v E, please let me know the method of payment, writing at [email protected]
I would pay in advance.

Top Bottom