• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best bass headphones

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Tune 710 presses on my ears. I don't have harge ear lobes but there is no way my ear will fit inside, the coups on the JBLs are smaller than AKG 371, smaller than Sony 1000mx3 (that to me are very comfortable). In the end comfort is very important. One can EQ the sound but not the comfort. However, considering how good the sound is on these JBL Tune 710 is, I am very tempted by a pair of JBL Club One or JBL Club 950 that seem much better built and a different coups design. Any info/measurements on these?
Well, they gotta be comfortable! There's a thread about a load of different JBL headphones that were new as of middle of last year:
Those ones aren't mentioned though, and the ones in that thread are on-ears or look same cup size as your Tune 710. Oratory hasn't measured them either. But they have been measured by RTings, how much you can draw from their EQ graphs I'm not sure, there will be some limited correlation with GRAS measurements, but I've not analysed the relationship.....it'll give you somekind of idea though:

noSoundex

Just wanted to say how disappointed I am by some people in this thread, and then I'll be on my own.

I thought this topic's title was "Best Bass Headphones" and "the undisputable king of bass", like the OP said. I guess now that the title was wrong.

I have tried to bring some useful information to this thread, not one, not two, but three times, each time with different info :
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/best-bass-headphones.15747/post-670693
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/best-bass-headphones.15747/post-712296
https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/best-bass-headphones.15747/post-714698
  • My first two contributions were about headphones (that I own personally). Decent headphones that one may like or not, but that clearly respond to this topic's title : B-A-S-S down to 20 Hz and beyond. Headphones that can't even be compared to cheap pieces of plastic like the AKG 3xx series.
  • My third contribution was about music, with included screen caps.
All that information is undeniable. It's objective information, not subjective impressions.
And yet, nobody here has shown the slightest interest. Not a single comment in 7 pages, nothing. I have literally wasted my time.

Even worse, the only person who actually "replied" something, did it just to make fun of product marketing instead of saying anything useful ! :facepalm: When I asked him to face his responsibilities and be a little smarter by saying something useful for a change, he did nothing. I even suspect that he has put me on his ignore list (which I wouldn't mind at all, it would be a relief actually). That's how low the bar is in this thread.

I've tried to help here, but given the lack of interest about informed and elaborated responses, then I'm happy to leave this thread and keep listening to my headphone collection. Thankfully there are lots of interesting threads on ASR, and people who I appreciate because they are both passionate, communicative and helpful (some of them were in this thread too, but they probably have left too).

Oh and BTW, the OP hasn't even posted again here since his first and only post made in september 2020. You are talking between yourselves.

You can resume wanking now.
You did not waste ur time, many people here read only and learn without even posting once. I've personally took into consideration all the headphones you suggested.
(sorry for necroing)

Top Bottom