• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Audiophile Bluetooth headphones [2022-11-09]

OP
metasharp

metasharp

Mine is a custom-made closed headphones based on Sony MDR 7506 and a BT receiver with Mic + copper cables and no ANC.

Total Cost of BOM: 100€
Subjective Ranking: around Focal Bathy's sound quality

View attachment 244523
Do you think it'd be possible to build something like that for a Dan Clark Audio Stealth?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
You would need a pretty powerful BT receiver.

majingotan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Do you think it'd be possible to build something like that for a Dan Clark Audio Stealth?

As Solderdude mentioned you can but you won't have the volume for quiet tracks. The receiver can be purchased from AliExpress (it's meant for IEMs but can provide adequate volume for sensitive headphones with better than 100mv/94 dB SPL)

OP
metasharp

metasharp

I saw these models at FIIO :
  • Earstudio ES100/MK2
  • BTR1K
  • BTR3
  • BTR3K
  • BTR5
  • BTR5 2021
  • BTR7 (current flagship)
If you look at this table, it seems the BTR7 can drive a DCA Stealth don't you think?

Screenshot - 21_11_2022 , 21_57_26.jpg

Last edited:

Blorg

Stax Spirit S3 should probably be included. I don't think it's likely at the level of the Bathys but it's probably better than most of the list, some of which are incredibly bass bloated. It's quite close to Harman / Sennheiser HD650:
1670254019817.png

usersky

Forum Donor
Stax Spirit S3 should probably be included. I don't think it's likely at the level of the Bathys but it's probably better than most of the list, some of which are incredibly bass bloated. It's quite close to Harman / Sennheiser HD650:
View attachment 247954
This looks very good, definitely I wish to hear them now after seeing the graph. But they look so garish...

usersky

Forum Donor
Austrian Audio Hi-X25BT seems quite interesting. Mine will arrive tomorrow I hope.
Edit: have anyone seen measurements for these?

OP
metasharp

metasharp

Next week I'll recreate a topic with an updated original post.

Blorg

This looks very good, definitely I wish to hear them now after seeing the graph. But they look so garish...
They're also pretty cheap feeling too, they are the creakiest headphones I have, even more than Focal. Comfortable though, and they come with both leather and fabric/cooling gel pads (I prefer the latter). Tuned very well. In Asia they go for around $200, which is a great deal for the sound quality. No ANC or user EQ in the app, but it does have three profiles and also lets you specify which pads you are using, which adjusts the DSP to accommodate for them.

usersky

Forum Donor
That two kind of pads comming in the box is quite intriguing, definitely wished this to be a higher quality build.
Edit: if they squick... that's the end of the passion...

Stilgar

I bought a bang & olufsen h4 2nd gen by chance on black friday sales time. I suprised how they are comfortable and very good sounding beyond my expectations. They don't have ANC which i don't need because using them at home; warm side of sound and wearing many hours without fatiguing. If anyone get a chance to try; I think you re not dissapoint.

Moonhead

Had H4 and they are nice, but QC35 trumps Them both in comfort and sound, Your experience May differ.

OP
metasharp

metasharp

This topic is closed and replaced by :

Stilgar

Had H4 and they are nice, but QC35 trumps Them both in comfort and sound, Your experience May differ.
Sometimes qc35 sounds like better than h42nd gen cause of the midrange is so beautifull. Anyway i sold them both and towards to focal bathys

Top Bottom