• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

best audio streamer for amazon music HD

philgo01

I'm hearing good things about the Wiim Mini and upcoming Wiim Pro. I have my bases covered or I would pull the trigger on one.
I can confirm that both Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro works spectacularly well with Amazon Music APP on iOS / Android. WiimMini/WiimPro appears as an Alexa Casting device so in essence your mobile device is a remote control to control the Wiim's. It will play tracks at HD/UltraHD level. I could not be happier. First device I am aware of that allows this capability !

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I can confirm that both Wiim Mini and Wiim Pro works spectacularly well with Amazon Music APP on iOS / Android. WiimMini/WiimPro appears as an Alexa Casting device so in essence your mobile device is a remote control to control the Wiim's. It will play tracks at HD/UltraHD level. I could not be happier. First device I am aware of that allows this capability !
Same view here, the only real choice for Amazon UHD at the moment.

philgo01

Same view here, the only real choice for Amazon UHD at the moment.
I wonder why Amazon Music native integration is so hard to come by. I also have HEOS and it is barely usable. It is incredible how a $99 / $149 WiiM device is able to do Amazon Music UHD support the most straight forward and effective way.

Joffy1780

I wonder why Amazon Music native integration is so hard to come by. I also have HEOS and it is barely usable. It is incredible how a $99 / $149 WiiM device is able to do Amazon Music UHD support the most straight forward and effective way.
Same here, I also have HEOS and, although it has improved since I got it, it's incredibly frustrating to use for Amazon Music. My better half simply refuses to use it.
It is a mystery to me why it is,or was, so difficult to find a streamer which integrates Amazon UHD.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Same here, I also have HEOS and, although it has improved since I got it, it's incredibly frustrating to use for Amazon Music. My better half simply refuses to use it.
It is a mystery to me why it is,or was, so difficult to find a streamer which integrates Amazon UHD.
I think the issue is Amazon. Not sure how Wiim have done it, but they dont let 3rd parties play nicely.

Joffy1780

I think the issue is Amazon. Not sure how Wiim have done it, but they dont let 3rd parties play nicely.
Yeah, I get the feeling Amazon are the issue for sure.

Matterhorn

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is no USB out port. If the Wiim had a USB out I'd buy it right now.

philgo01

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that there is no USB out port. If the Wiim had a USB out I'd buy it right now.
Not sure I follow... The issue I came across over the past couple of years is very few devices can play Amazon Music in HD natively.

Matterhorn

Not sure I follow... The issue I came across over the past couple of years is very few devices can play Amazon Music in HD natively.
It was just an idea that I had about the negotiations they made with Wiim. It works with Amazon HD but there is no USB output. Maybe for some technical reason they don't like HD output through USB. It was just an idea. It frustrates me because I've discovered that the stream from my old Pixel 3 phone doesn't sound as good as from my laptop in exclusive mode. So I'm looking for another more portable device that can connect to my Cayin RU6.

JLGF1

Is there some reason an optical or coax output won't work for you? That would be the common input on both my AVR and my office integrated amp. ie easy.

Matterhorn

Thanks for asking, I have become very fond of the sound from my Cayin RU6 R2R dongle dac. Unfortunately it only has a USB C input. When I first tried the RU6 it blew me away. It sounded so real compared to the Sabre dac that I'd been using. I use it with the Topping A30 pro amp which is a warm amp for topping and it has tons of power and punch.

Top Bottom