• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best and simplest way to use Genelec active speakers throughout AES EBU with non Genelec subs and Dirac Live Bass Control on windows ?

Sieniek

Hello guys,

Is there any way I could use Genelec active speakers like 8361A throughout their AES EBU digital connection together with two Rythmik F18 subwoofers by using Dirac Live Bass Control on windows so I could use them in 2.2 configuration ?

At the moment I have Motu MK5 Ultralite if that audio interface device would be good for that or if there are any other devices similar to it but better with a remote as well maybe ?

How I could connect such a system to make it as simple as possible with the cleanest path there can be by using my windows laptop as a player and Dirac Live room correction with its Dirac Live Bass Control tools ?

Please help me if you can to understand whole concept and the way I could manage to connect everything together and eventually buy or change parts to make it work.

Thanks in advance and have a great day all !

Andry

Hi,

I am setting up a 2.2 system too, to use dlbc you have to use a multichannel dac, whith at least 4 channels. So your soundcard should be perfect. But... if you want to use a digital connection as aes/ebu (It Is a pro version of spdif) you will use the internal dac of genelec instead, and i doubt that windows or dlbc will see it as a multichannel dac (you would need a sort of USB interface). I think that the best way you can connect all is the simple pc-usb-motu-trs cable- speakers and subs. You can buy a simple remote for pc (as i did) or an USB volume knob. An alternative is the topping dm7, a multichannel dac with remote for 600 euros, but as you own already the Motu i think It makes no sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom