• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best amplifiers at each price bracket?

snapsc

The Halo A23 is a good sounding amp from a reputable company... and the individual gain controls are a great feature for l/r balance... and $700 is a good price... and it will hold its value.

snapsc

Todd... I owned the 2125v1 prior to the A23. I preferred the A23... better low end, sound stage, smoother top end... to name a few. And I can’t overstate how nice the gain controls are to balance to the optimal preamp setting.

A23 hands down... and much easier to resell.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
>$30,000USD

Accuphase P-7300

1592183228411.png

Buy this and you'll never need another amplifier. Ever.

Todd74

Todd... I owned the 2125v1 prior to the A23. I preferred the A23... better low end, sound stage, smoother top end... to name a few. And I can’t overstate how nice the gain controls are to balance to the optimal preamp setting.

A23 hands down... and much easier to resell.
Nice, thanks.
So for the AVR people reading who may be trying to decide on a decent 2 channel amp, what would be the reason to opt for a powered amp like the A23 over an Integrated with HT bypass?

On something like a 4ohm Dynaudio bookshelf w/ a 7” driver, would I want the amp with greater juice first and foremost?

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

samsa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't know of any Canadian manufacturers. But most of the manufacturers discussed up-thread ship internationally. I'm in the US and ordered from Audiophonics.fr, with zero hassle. If you're worried, you should contact the manufacturer you're thinking of ordering from.

OP
simplywyn

simplywyn

I don't know of any Canadian manufacturers. But most of the manufacturers discussed up-thread ship internationally. I'm in the US and ordered from Audiophonics.fr, with zero hassle. If you're worried, you should contact the manufacturer you're thinking of ordering from.

My only problem is if there is a problem, the manufacturer is not even in the city.

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
What would you buy for same of price of around 2500$, Yamaha A-S1200 or Yamaha RX-3080, for stereo listening?

OP
simplywyn

simplywyn

One is stereo and the other has a ton of other things. I'm guessing the stereo one will sound the best

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
By logic it should be so, but reciever has much more power, 150W vs 90W. And it has some nice reviews, for what is it worth.

OP
simplywyn

simplywyn

By logic it should be so, but reciever has much more power, 150W vs 90W. And it has some nice reviews, for what is it worth.
Doesn’t really mean anything. My Sony strdn1080 has 125w power but my 80 watt Cambridge audio sounds a billion times better

confucius_zero

don't forget the wxa50. it's pretty competent for its budget!

McFly

>$30,000USD

Accuphase P-7300

View attachment 68947

Buy this and you'll never need another amplifier. Ever.
You will after you end up in a wheelchair from lifting it

Edit - beaten by amir

I personally have both a nc122 for little jobs and nc502 for big jobs. I still have many class AB amps here from cheap to world class, and im over thier weight, humming transformers and heat. Class D is a revelation. So is the AHB2 while were on that subject, but i just dont need anymore amps

civi

I already have Yamaha N803D, now I am having buyers remorse in terms of long term usage.
Why though? Apparently dsp section isn't great but as long as you don't use its 95sinad competent amp with extra network features/crossover. More than enough power too.

nemanja_t

Forum Donor
Why though? Apparently dsp section isn't great but as long as you don't use its 95sinad competent amp with extra network features/crossover. More than enough power too.
You are probably right, I should first enjoy what I have, not to lust for something else :)

Top Bottom