• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best AIO Balanced Dac/Amp Combo?

reasons

I am looking for a powerful AIO Balanced Dac/Amo combo, similar to the Matrix Mini-I Pro 3 but with low output impedance. Preferably with a 4.4 balanced connection. Something that can drive planar magnetic cans, HD800S and more.

I had my heart on the Matix but those output impedances are just too high.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Topping DX7 Pro would be a great choice if 4.4mm is important to you.

staticV3

Master Contributor
The DX7 Pro has an output impedance of 9.4Ω (4-pin XLR/4.4mm) and 4.7Ω (6.35mm), so not that great either.
If you need low Zout, then the DX3 Pro+ or EX5 would be a better choice. Both are below 0.1Ω.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
Same here looking for a bedroom Headphone setup. The Singxer SA1 is in my living room so I would something else for my second setup.. but the amp should be of similar quality and not much more expensive than the Singxer.

Should have balanced inputs and headphone out..

I'm considering Gustard H16 , Topping A90, Aune 7S pro, Little dot MK3 SE (but I'm a bit worried here about channel imbalance and hissing sounds).

I would pair one of these amps with a SMSL SU9-N

A combo unit like the topping DX7 should probably work as well? But I did read that the amp is a bit week.

Or I could get a matrix mini i3 pro. The output impedance shouldn't be a problem for planar magnetic Headphones.

mugbot

Forum Donor
I'm in the same boat, looking for a dac/amp combo unit to drive my aeon 2 noire's (A2N) at my wfh station.
I'd prefer not to get a stack (for neatness mainly), and unfortunately toppings offerings don't suit the A2N very well. EX5 will go into protection when it drives the 13 Ohm A2N and the output impedance of the DX7 pro is way too high for these cans, using the 1/8 rule it should not exceed 1.625 Ohms. Really I'd prefer sub 1 Ohm.

Snoopy

Major Contributor
I'm in the same boat, looking for a dac/amp combo unit to drive my aeon 2 noire's (A2N) at my wfh station.
I'd prefer not to get a stack (for neatness mainly), and unfortunately toppings offerings don't suit the A2N very well. EX5 will go into protection when it drives the 13 Ohm A2N and the output impedance of the DX7 pro is way too high for these cans, using the 1/8 rule it should not exceed 1.625 Ohms. Really I'd prefer sub 1 Ohm.

That doesn't apply to planar headphones. You could use the matrix mini i3 pro with the A2N.

mugbot

Forum Donor
That doesn't apply to planar headphones. You could use the matrix mini i3 pro with the A2N.
That's really interesting, and I'm now knee deep reading into the matter. The mini i3 pro has an output impedance for balanced connection at ~22Ohms - so I would not expect this to have any impact on driving the A2N, even though the source impedance would exceed that of the headphones?

Top Bottom