• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best Active speakers for cinema/ stereo use?

Ciobi69

Hello everyone I would ask a question ,right now i got a pair of kef R3 paired with a sub and Dirac,best setup ive ever had,i got a question if i would like one day to ditch my mono amplifier that consume a lot of electricity and space what would you take for a budget of 5k for the couple for an active monitor available to give high SPL? I did watch the active speaker list but i don't know how much SPL those speakers are capable of, i know for sure that the kef r3 for stereo are fine for me but when I want to achieve high SPL and dynamics in movies i think that they couldn't be enough, and in the future i will evaluate an active center speaker, but i find it harder on active speakers to find,thanks for the help ,i hope this thread can help some people

NiagaraPete

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Genelec 8xxx

JSmith

Master Contributor
I want to achieve high SPL
Might be worth a look;

index.php

Best of all, I could turn up the level as high as I wanted.

JSmith

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Might be worth a look;

index.php

JSmith
+1

I would love to compare this speaker to the JBL 708.. The KH310A is one of the best speakers measured here on ASR,, yet not as popular as the Genelec... on ASR... Bias? ;)

Peace

OP
C

Ciobi69

Might be worth a look;

index.php

JSmith
Cool i will look into it

Katji

Major Contributor
I would love to compare this speaker to the JBL 708.. The KH310A is one of the best speakers measured here on ASR,, yet not as popular as the Genelec... on ASR... Bias?
I’d say practicality.
I can make a call now to order Genelec. Afaik I would have to import Neumann myself. So, that is bias. [Which also applies to after-sales service.]

PS: [I googled] There is a supplier of Neumann microphones - but they don't list Neumann monitors. KRK, Adam, Mackie, and Genelec.

Last edited:
Top Bottom