• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Berkshire Record Outlet for classical music SACDs and CDs

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Berkshire Record Outlet, or "BROINC," is a great source for SACDs at bargain prices. (They also have some blu-rays and many CDs.) In the past, I've received a few discs that were "cutouts" (still in shrinkwrap but with a marking or slash on the spine), but my most recent order was completely fresh.

https://www.broinc.com/

(The media rate shipping over the holidays did take a while to arrive, so you may have to be patient....)

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Berkshire Record Outlet, or "BROINC," is a great source for SACDs at bargain prices. (They also have some blu-rays and many CDs.) In the past, I've received a few discs that were "cutouts" (still in shrinkwrap but with a marking or slash on the spine), but my most recent order was completely fresh.

(The media rate shipping over the holidays did take a while to arrive, so you may have to be patient....)

Nice - thanks! I'm not a major classical collector, but wow, more than 400 SACDs there, and a ton of them priced at $7-$14. Pretty good!

OP
amadeuswus

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Nice - thanks! I'm not a major classical collector, but wow, more than 400 SACDs there, and a ton of them priced at $7-$14. Pretty good!

Quite a few SACDs are $5 or under. Also, some of the multi-disc sets are discounted.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

You had me excited for a moment, Berkshire is the adjoining county to Oxfordshire :) The county border is 3 miles from my house.

OP
amadeuswus

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
BROINC used to be in western Massachusetts (the Berkshires, near Tanglewood, the summer home of the Boston Symphony). I think they've moved to New York or New Jersey.

Katji

Major Contributor
You had me excited for a moment, Berkshire is the adjoining county to Oxfordshire :) The county border is 3 miles from my house.
:) That's why I'm looking here - I had to see if it was really Berkshire. .............(Actually stayed there for a few months, it was quite nice. ...Sunninghill.)

fungd

Worth mentioning that BRO has been in business for a very long time, and all of my transactions over the years have been great.

OP
amadeuswus

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Worth mentioning that BRO has been in business for a very long time, and all of my transactions over the years have been great.
I exchanged some emails with Joe at the Berkshire Record Outlet (BROINC/BRO) recently. He has been running the business for almost 47 years. He mentioned that some new SACD titles are in the pipeline, especially from Pentatone and Chandos.

fun

Thank you for sharing. I just ordered over 10 discs, mostly SACDs. Very good price, and include a few recently released albums that I was interested in.

Top Bottom