• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Beresford Caiman SEG Review (Stereo DAC)

musicforcities

We have proven once again that fieldling with power sources, conditioners, etc. is of no value, just as fundamentals of electrical engineering indicates.

Perfectly stated!

ASR website needs a macro button that inserts this text instantly!

And maybe hats with it printed on the front.

I remember when there were few USB DACs available maybe 15 to 10 years ago, Beresford with it's products was a reasonable alternative to entry level "HiFi" DACs by brands like Rotel, Denon, Emotiva, Musical Fidelity and others. But such small (almost one man) companies like Beresford of course didn't have the resources to keep pace with developments of the last four to five years. Virtually they're out of business I think, unable to recover from their technical standstill which only resembles an around 2015 state of the art.
Sorry, Stanley, but eveything has it's time and I'm still grateful that until a decade ago I saved a lot of money with your products over mainstream brand gear.

Last edited:
Perfectly stated!

ASR website needs a macro button that inserts this text instantly!

And maybe hats with it printed on the front.
I remember the defining moment which advocates of power conditioning made angry was the mass introduction of 5V powerbanks a decade ago. "C'mon, just take a power bank and double-check! Or just leave it in between as a buffer." With 12V, some people even did listening experiments with huge 120 Ah & high cranking amperage car batteries only to refute these baseless "fidelity" claims.

sq225917

Weird happenings with the Dorado, must be the connection and the tiny supercaps they use. I have 3 supercaps, 3.5f on the rails of my Ian Canada 9038 dac board, 1 per rail. It runs for a good five minutes from the supercaps after I unplug the power.

Top Bottom