• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark's superb AHB2 amplifier

tomelex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Clearly the term "dynamics" is ambiguous , and can not relate to dynamic range as a compressed recording has no dynamic range, in reference to my post 13 and Keiths 14 above. I considered dynamics by itself to relate to dynamic range, but I can see we don't know what it means as a group.

Without a clear definition its a bit useless adjective to use.

the benchmarks amp ability to have low thd at low levels is superb engineering in any case

Last edited:

NealXu

Hi...as per my knowledge this is a bulky amplifiers with heat sinks as large as Stegosaurus plates are a die-hard audiophile’s prized possession. We certainly can’t deny it. In most audiophiles’ minds, amplifier size equates with audiophile performance.

pcba prototype

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
"Scientists have estimated the weight of stegosaurus using a nearly complete skeleton at the The Natural History Museum in London. The skeleton at the museum, nicknamed Sophie, is the most complete stegosaurus skeleton ever found.

BBC News reports that the stegosaurus would have weighed about 1.6 tonnes, which is the size of a small rhino. The stegosaurus is estimated to have been a juvenile around age six, so it would have grown much larger had it lived to adulthood."

AHB2 Dimensions:
(including feet and connectors):
11.04" x 3.84" x 9.34"
Weight: 12.5 lbs

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
In most audiophiles’ minds, amplifier size equates with audiophile performance.
Yep, size always counts.
So what's your point?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
They could levitate it, no doubt.

Top Bottom