• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark DAC3 B vs. iFi Zen Dac Signature

ajramirez

Hi all,

Would you deem a switch from an iFi Zen Dac Signature v.1 to a Benchmark DAC3 B to be a worthwhile upgrade? I have the opportunity to pick a slightly used one at a significant discount. For reference, I am feeding the iFi from a MacBook Pro running Audirvana, through a Primare i25 amp, Dynaudio Evoke 10 and a KEF KC62 sub.

Thanks in advance.

Antonio

HorizonsEdge

Generally speaking changing your DAC does not do much assuming the DAC is in working order and transparent. Why do you think it is a good investment?

Jim Noyd

The iFi Zen Dac Signature v.1 is a ‘universal DAC’ owing to its all-encompassing input options and it takes the DAC stage from the What Hi-Fi? 2021 Award-winning Zen DAC V2. The Zen One Signature’s digital engine is based around the Burr-Brown DAC chipset that iFi uses extensively, plus a low-latency, 16-core XMOS microcontroller delivering enhanced processing power (the same one found in the firm's premium portable iDSD Diablo DAC/headphone amp). I think you're in good hands.

Top Bottom