• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark AHB2 SVS Purifi amplifier?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
I'd go for Purifi due to efficiency. In performance terms, both will render incresible results and you will not notice a difference. Look at specific features you may want other than transparency.

OP
D

Descartes

Major Contributor
I'd go for Purifi due to efficiency. In performance terms, both will render incresible results and you will not notice a difference. Look at specific features you may want other than transparency.
Such as?

radix

Major Contributor
Really, it's watts per channel, 12V trigger, and maybe the physical size, balanced vs unbalanced in, maybe the type of speaker connectors. All the good amps have amazing measurements already.

For wpc, you want to estimate your desired SPL at the MLP and use your speaker sensitivity to figure out your minimum wpc.

daniboun

Major Contributor
Is there any independent test of this amplifier?

Benchmark is also class AB but with SMPS instead of linear power supply AFAIK

AudioLab Measurements show excellent results with the proto version. I think it's more than enough to get an idea of the final version which can only be improved)
The Benchmark is also twice as expensive as the Soncoz With fairly comparable performance...

Sokel

Master Contributor
Check your power needs,features,ease of interaction with seller,warranty,your personal aesthetics,reselling value,etc.
Sound quality will be of no concern with either of those.

Willem

Major Contributor
A Boxem Purify power amp has more power for half the price of a Benchmark. It has auto on/off which I would really like, and like the AHB2 has adjustable gain settings which would be great with my RME ADI-2 DAC.

Top Bottom