• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark AHB2 Purchase

Benchmark AHB2 Silver or Black

• Total voters

westyjeff

I am just about to buy 1 or maybe 2 AHB2 amplifiers, these will pair with my Matrix Audio Element X as the main source feeding my Magnepan 3.7 wall of sound. So, the only question is Silver or Black

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I found the black one to have a slightly smoother treble presentation.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
If you can't decide, get one of each.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Element X is silver => amps in silver, of course.

murraycamp

Forum Donor
I vote orange.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to be a dork and give a serious reply: Except for the price, that is basically my dream amp, and if I could get one for $2k I'd be all over it.

But I don't think it's an especially attractive amp, and so I'd recommend black, as it will make it blend in to the surroundings better (unless you're going to be putting it into an all-white room with a white or light-wood rack).

Silver can prevent and cure coronavirus. That’s why mine is silver.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...ker-stop-peddling-unproven-coronavirus-cures/

“By resonating at just the right frequency, Silver disrupts foreign elements without disturbing the body’s natural environment,” his website says. And: “Silver has natural, God-given actions unlike any other metal or element that exists. There are many other elements that have value, but none has been blessed with the medicine chest of medicinal effects that silver has.”

So there!

Lao Lu

I am just about to buy 1 or maybe 2 AHB2 amplifiers, these will pair with my Matrix Audio Element X as the main source feeding my Magnepan 3.7 wall of sound. So, the only question is Silver or Black
I have it in black; it looks so good and it is so compact that it makes me want to buy one more......

gibsones300

I have the same speakers and am considering the same setup. Let me know what your impressions are when you get it running. I'm curious if one AHB2 is enough to drive the 3.7's.

P_M

What did you buy ?

OP
westyjeff

westyjeff

A Nighthawk custom 45 and 22 long rifle ammunition. I also started to seriously consider the @March Audio P451 as an endgame amplifier at half the cost.

Wes

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going to be a dork and give a serious reply: Except for the price, that is basically my dream amp, and if I could get one for $2k I'd be all over it.

But I don't think it's an especially attractive amp, and so I'd recommend black, as it will make it blend in to the surroundings better (unless you're going to be putting it into an all-white room with a white or light-wood rack).

I will see your comment and raise you by saying to spray paint it Rose Gold like Accuphase gear.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I will see your comment and raise you by saying to spray paint it Rose Gold like Accuphase gear.

Spray paint sounds like an especially good idea. :)

beefkabob

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Make sure you get audio grade spray paint. It brings out the micro textures of macro details. Also make sure you apply the paint directionally or it will shift the phase of your capacitors.

Top Bottom