• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark AHB2 / Class D Purifi Eigentakt / Mark Levinson 333 - Listening impression & Conclusion

dlaloum

Major Contributor
Yes, and I need to make clear my listening was purely subjective, no level matching etc, just for my own enjoyment with no time scale limits to switch over amps. The Purifi was run from the balanced outputs of the Quad Artera CD/Pre at the time, which has adjustable output, which I’m pretty sure I dialied in to match the Purifi. Used the standard line outputs to feed my (mk.1 version, 0.5V input) Quad 606s. The 606s are band limited too, so perhaps I prefer that sound. Or perhaps the Purifi was justbrevealing that I wasn’t that taken by the Quad Artera’s DAC implemntation. Too many variables in hindsight, and not enough controls.
The 606 is specced as being only -1db @ 40kHz - which does not seem to me to be band limited?

Lord Victor

Or there are some pitfalls that cannot be explained by primitive reasoning based on 1kHz SINAD.
Very true. At the end of the day properly controlled and matched listening tests are king to me - ten fold if you’re just picking something for yourself privately; at that point nothing matters more than what you enjoy.

Top Bottom