• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Benchmark AHB2 Amp order and alternatives

Puska

I have ordered ahb2 3 weeks ago and I received a note that they are waiting for parts and it could take another x time. Is anybody expecting ahb2? Can somebody suggest the alternative? My Goldenear Reference Triton want to sing!

ex audiophile

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have ordered ahb2 3 weeks ago and I received a note that they are waiting for parts and it could take another x time. Is anybody expecting ahb2? Can somebody suggest the alternative? My Goldenear Reference Triton want to sing!

Yes, I had a pair on order and finally gave up. The delay has been going on for a long time. I ended up with the Anthem STR which is pricey but offers over 400w/ch. Detailed measurements of the amp are available on Audioholics. Your Tritons should be easy to drive so the 100w/ch Benchmark would be fine IMO so you can just wait it out. My alternatives were D class monoblocs based on the newer modules. I'm sure the very knowledgeable folks here can provide input on these and other alternatives.

OP
P

Puska

I would appreciate any suggestions for ahb2 alternatives and where to order.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
Closest you can get according to the measurements here are Purifi 1ET400A or Hypex NC400/NC500.

OP
P

Puska

Thank you. Did somebody ordered this amps from Audiophonics and is there a review?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
P

Puska

What is the difference between above amps and Audiophonics? Is it only a price or the electronics too?

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What is the difference between above amps and Audiophonics? Is it only a price or the electronics too?
NCore NC400 and Purifi 1ET400A are both amplifier modules created by the same designer, Bruno Putzeys, but Purifi is a more advanced and updated technology. Measurements are very close though.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is there a difference in sq?
Purifis are said to sound a little better, if it is significant next to the price difference then this is for each to find out. I would rather spend once and be done with it than spending less and always wondering how the upgrade would sound....

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have ordered ahb2 3 weeks ago and I received a note that they are waiting for parts and it could take another x time.
Could this be a function of the virus that is slowing down exports from Asia? When I bought mine, six months or so past, there was about a two week wait. As long as the company maintains QC, and does not try to push things out the door simply to meet orders, I'd tend to wait. Unless they are telling you that it is going to be months down the road.

Could this be a function of the virus that is slowing down exports from Asia? When I bought mine, six months or so past, there was about a two week wait. As long as the company maintains QC, and does not try to push things out the door simply to meet orders, I'd tend to wait. Unless they are telling you that it is going to be months down the road.

The email from Benchmark apologizing for the delay mentioned changes in supply chain software at their suppliers.

“New manufacturing/inventory software systems have been implemented by many suppliers over the past couple of months which have created havoc in the supply chain of parts.”

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't know, I have been reading about backorders on AHB2 for a couple of years already...

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The email from Benchmark apologizing for the delay mentioned changes in supply chain software at their suppliers. “New manufacturing/inventory software systems have been implemented by many suppliers over the past couple of months which have created havoc in the supply chain of parts.”
Possibly the same company that inventoried the Ohio caucus? In that case I'd probably be looking elsewhere for your silicon. LOL

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:

maty

Major Contributor
Last edited:
Top Bottom