• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Belt up.

sq225917

Major Contributor
I was sent a tt belt in the post. Squidgy blue slightly narrower and more flexible than linns lp12 belt. It's not sticky but it has adhesion iykwim.

I put it on last night, not expecting anything, but subjectively it had a profound effect. Either I'm hearing stuff or this belt has sharpened up focus, timbe, and improved sustain and decay. It feels like a gross difference, big black and white obvious difference not at all a maybe thing.

So either I'm mad, or it's time to get my A2D out and see if I can measure this.

Graphs n stuff to follow soon.

OP
S

sq225917

Major Contributor
24/96 A2D, all settings identical, 5s samples taken from same point from start of track. TT left spinning for five minutes after each belt swap. all settings retained on D2A.

51933876715_5abab2cb1d_b.jpg

51932325532_67f69c86f0_b.jpg

So lower noise floor, tighter fundamental. Just less grunge overall. Pretty much what the ears heard.

Top Bottom