• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bellari EQ570–WOW WOW WOW

fquails

Oh wow!! I just got the EQ570 a few minutes ago, and currently listening to music through it as I type this. I have goosebumps. My home office stereo system has been bugging me for years now—it doesn’t have the same uumph! factor as my main system. It lacks liveliness, and not as engaging mainly because the mids are somewhat recessed. Bass and treble are fine, but the mids never made me happy. So I got this EQ570, placed between my external DAC and the amp, playing Hi-Res files. I left the 60Hz and 7500 Hz dials at 12 o’clock; 400Hz dial at 1o’clock, and 2000Hz dial between 1 and 2 o’clock. Very minor adjustments, really, but man oh man!! My office system came
alive!! Alive, I tell ya!! Just as engaging as my main system at a fraction of the cost!!! Goosebumps! Endorphins! Beautiful music!! One of my best, bang-for-the-buck audio purchases EVER. Highly recommended. Abso-freakin’-lutely.

Hugo9000

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I found some measurements for the Bellari EQ570, courtesy of some kind soul at the Klipsch forum:

Pretty thorough testing, and he included some photos of the inside of the unit. :)

OP
F

fquails

I found some measurements for the Bellari EQ570, courtesy of some kind soul at the Klipsch forum:

Pretty thorough testing, and he included some photos of the inside of the unit. :)
Yes!! I saw that before I decided to buy the EQ570. Truly a marvelous device that punches waaaaay above its price point.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor

The Klipsch forum seems to be doing better than I remember it 20-odd years ago! :eek:

Worth Davis

Forum Donor
Oh wow!! I just got the EQ570 a few minutes ago, and currently listening to music through it as I type this. I have goosebumps. My home office stereo system has been bugging me for years now—it doesn’t have the same uumph! factor as my main system. It lacks liveliness, and not as engaging mainly because the mids are somewhat recessed. Bass and treble are fine, but the mids never made me happy. So I got this EQ570, placed between my external DAC and the amp, playing Hi-Res files. I left the 60Hz and 7500 Hz dials at 12 o’clock; 400Hz dial at 1o’clock, and 2000Hz dial between 1 and 2 o’clock. Very minor adjustments, really, but man oh man!! My office system came
alive!! Alive, I tell ya!! Just as engaging as my main system at a fraction of the cost!!! Goosebumps! Endorphins! Beautiful music!! One of my best, bang-for-the-buck audio purchases EVER. Highly recommended. Abso-freakin’-lutely.
I like a dsp and targeted cleanup of my setup…way more powerful and unlimited tinkering

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now imagine what you'd be able to achieve with this bad boy. The possibilities are endless!
Yes. That is one option. But for a small office system I really think it would be better to use one of these:

dg-68.jpg

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
...but seriously, if your PC is your music server, then software EQ is a no brainer. With EQ APO (and the Peace front end) you get a small studio worth of effects. FWIW, I've had the APO software crash after routine Windows updates, and had to reinstall. Might just be my luck, and YMMV.

The free music server software I use (MusicBee) has it's own EQ built in, and accepts plug-ins, but I've not used any add-ons. For the price, you can't go wrong! I imagine most music software has that feature.

With hardware sources, and especially analog, you are probably needing something with knobs or sliders. A relatively inexpensive solution could be the dbx 2/3 octave EQ, which works well for me. It accepts balanced interfaces, and has features that are handy for analog source (like low-cut, which makes a decent subsonic filter for your record player). If you require more flexibility, their 1/3 octave EQ (you'll need two for stereo) is a good solution, for the price.

jae

Major Contributor
Now that you know EQ works well for you...time to ditch it for software EQ

Top Bottom