• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Behringer Truth B2031A - how to flatten it with the switches in the back only

roci_big_ear

In my review & mod of the speaker, most people liked my tinkering to make it better, but some "understanding" souls told me I know no engineering or that I simply got a broken speaker.

Well, I bought two more! With 3x B2031a purchased each separately over the course of 2022, I have a good view of these speakers. They came essentially identical: just a couple dB differences here and there across the spectrum. Interestingly, Behringer changed the color of the PCB from orange to green.

So, if you have these and don't want to turn the factory calibration trimmers, or open the speaker for electrical modifications, the best you can do is to:
  1. Leave the "Low Frequency" switch to 0.
  2. Set the "Room Compensation" switch to -4 dB.
  3. Set the "High Frequency" switch to -4 dB.
Here are the measurements (towards the middle of my living room - far from walls, but some bass modes present):
B2031a.png

(UMIK-1 was used for measurements, 1.2m away from the center of the speaker).

I ended up printing new & more correct labels:
PXL_20230105_164442966.jpg

In my original thread, I show how to fix the dip around 2 kHz (MOD 2) and fix the high end (MOD 3). I ended up doing all mods on all 3 speakers and have them set up as my daily drivers.

Digby

Major Contributor
In my original thread, I show how to fix the dip around 2 kHz (MOD 2) and fix the high end (MOD 3). I ended up doing all mods on all 3 speakers and have them set up as my daily drivers.
What I'd like to see, if you know how to achieve it, is how to stop the pop/thump on turning on at the power switch and how to make the auto-standby work properly (turning back on at lower signal level/not turning off while quiet music is playing).

Top Bottom