• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Behringer NX1000D Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Aijan

Although the power output is low at 8 and 4 ohms, this line of amps can do 2 ohms just fine, and they can double their output at that impedance. So, this one can do about 340 watts per channel at 2 ohms, bringing the total to about 680 watts. This is a respectable figure, but still well short of the 1000 watts claim. Behringer for some reason likes to multiply their RMS output numbers with 1.4 (square root of 2?) to come up with the numbers they advertise. As for the fans, I suspect the fans are that loud in order not to melt the amp section when powering a bunch of subs in 4 ohm bridged mode.

Last edited:

anphex

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
A german seller product page firmly states
RMS performance in Watt at 4Ohm: 2x300

Looking at the data here this is borderline a scam.

Last edited:

testp

to counteract the fan you just need to stab a screwdriver in there., like they do in the moovies...

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Behringer straight up lying about power ratings? I'm shocked. Shocked! Well... not that shocked.

Behringer literally making up numbers for power amps is nothing new and is absolutely par for the course.
Founded and still owned by a Swiss & based in Germany. You may think the EU has rules for false advertising…

Rayharrison

Quite a disappointment really. Power figures for 8ohm are lame. I have 2 A800 and I am really happy with them for LCR duties on the Denon x3700h. Why would any one choose this over the A800 unless you needed to run 2ohm speakers. I guess you could always disconnect the fan also.

dwkdnvr

Interesting results. A Sinad of 80+ is actually better than I expected, but the details don't paint quite such a rosy picture - the multi-tone IMD test in particular is pretty sub-par.

Behringer power specs and naming for the iNuke series and now the NX series have always been marketing-heavy. There was a post on diyaudio here https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/cla...-inuke-nu3000-measurements-3.html#post3663715 showing that at one time Behringer did actually publish a version of the manual with RMS power output numbers that more or less matched measured results. That version of the manual was pulled though, leaving only the marketing-ese numbers. Even given that though, this NX1000 falls short of the numbers shown for the old iNuke 1000 which was rated for 210W/4ohm - maybe that was with only 1 channel driven, though.

IMHO the '1000' version of these amps never really made any sense at all. The 3000 units were only slightly more expensive, and while still badly over-hyped by Behringer, they did put out useful amounts of power, and the 3000DSP was very useful as a subwoofer amp in HT setups due to the ability to avoid an additional DSP unit. (if you got it on sale)

dtaylo1066

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's hard to be a fan of this amp. Who wants to buy something you have to mod right away to get the fan noise to, perhaps, acceptable levels.

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
I agree with others, just stick with Crown. Lots of power and decent specs. Plus if you buy this year you get a 6 year warranty. Can't beat that! I have a crown for my two channel listening and it is flawless. can't hear any hiss even with my ear against the panel. Very good amps for a great price. The fan never comes on in home theater/listening use. Crown for the win!

danzilla31

Forum Donor
Yeah that's one reason I went more in the Crown XLS direction myself rather than screwing around with Behringer.....
I'm very very interested in going with the xls 2502 for my front passive sub. But I've heard they have issues with a built in rollof at 20hz or below? Could anyone elaborate on this that has good experience with them?

Also anything else I should know about them before using them for sub duty is appreciated greatly

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm very very interested in going with the xls 2502 for my front passive sub. But I've heard they have issues with a built in rollof at 20hz or below? Could anyone elaborate on this that has good experience with them?

Also anything else I should know about them before using them for sub duty is appreciated greatly

If you look at Amir's measurement of the 2502 you can see that it does drop a about 1.5 dB or so from 20 to 10 hz. Crown on inquiry had told me there was a 12dB/oct rolloff starting just above 20hz.

danzilla31

Forum Donor
If you look at Amir's measurement of the 2502 you can see that it does drop a about 1.5 dB or so from 20 to 10 hz. Crown on inquiry had told me there was a 12dB/oct rolloff starting just above 20hz.
Thanks! Anything I should know if I go this route? I have a RBH 1212PR sub in the back of the room the RBH 1212NR passive version of this sub is in the right front corner. I'm using the RBH 500dsp amp on the passive one it puts out 500 watts but the PR 1212 has a 2400 watt amp in it. So I'm wanting something to keep up with it. I can get them to play okay together but that amp for the front sub is definitely holding back the overall performance of the system

The room pics 20210711_134241.jpg20210711_134220.jpg

Any quick advice greatly appreciated.

Top Bottom