• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review

staticV3

Master Contributor
Just wondering if the A800 will have sufficient power for Revel F35's?
Here's what I got:
Screenshot 2023-12-21 011814.png

86.5dB/1W/1m is the F35's worst-case efficiency at 200Hz.
310W is the A800's burst power at 1% THD+N into a 4Ω, which is close enough to the F35's impedance at bass frequencies.

You can modify the listening distance and speaker placement here: http://www.hometheaterengineering.com/splcalculator.html
I just assumed 6ft distance and near a wall.

Pulkass

OK the joke's on ME!

I love that. Great test. Thanks for sharing.

Reminds me of a photo from an audio society meet, of a bunch of audiophiles sitting in chairs, straining to hear the difference between two CD playback setups in a single blind test between an expensive Mark Levinson or some such expensive setup and the other with a cheap JVC DVD player into an Alesis power amp (similar idea to the Behringer power amps). The speakers were the same for both, only the electronics differed. Despite their intense concentration, the audiophiles could not reliably tell which was which. I wish I could find that photo, it's priceless.

Interesting that the only audibly different amp was that little Tripath amp, and only when called upon to drive 4 ohm speakers to loud levels. Of course you can tell the difference, it had to be running at like 5% THD or something.

Anyhow, I guess I'm talking myself into hearing differences between the Hafler P1000 and the A800, or perhaps the Hafler has gotten old enough that it's in need of restoration (probably needs power supply capacitors replaced, as they are roughly 25 years old).

Good stuff.
But why Spotify? They are compressed MP3 files. Better to use Qobuz hi Res files. !!!

D

Deleted member 48726

But why Spotify? They are compressed MP3 files. Better to use Qobuz hi Res files. !!!
No they are not.
I bet you can't tell any difference between lossless and Spotify. Try the tests in my signature. Looking forward to hear your results.

Pulkass

No they are not.
I bet you can't tell any difference between lossless and Spotify. Try the tests in my signature. Looking forward to hear your results.
I have a hi resolution system. I can hear the difference. No need for a blind test.

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just wondering if the A800 will have sufficient power for Revel F35's? According to Amir, the F35 falls to 3.5 Ohms (I think around 200 Hz with sharp phase rise before). I believe the A800 does around 200 watts at 4 ohms, so it's probably going to have more than enough at 3.5 ohms? I'm already an A800 owner

check you data you wrong (do you need 500 watt to play loud enough with a pair of revel F35 ?)
2023-12-26 13_13_50-Behringer A800 Stereo Amplifier Review _ Audio Science Review (ASR) Forum ...png

Top Bottom