• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beginner with EQ. How do I EQ the Amazon Music App?

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
I listen to much of my music through the Amazon Unlimited Music HD app, on my iPhone and on my PC. I also listen to some CD rips, usually just using WMP.

The iPhone outputs to my headphones through a FiiO i1, and the PC to a FiiO K5 Pro, though I'm considering changing both.

Is it possible to EQ on my iPhone or my PC? If so, which app(s) do I need? I stream in up to 24/192.

I would like to EQ in (easy) conjunction with the EQ settings recommended by Amir (and others) here.

Over to you!

Many thanks.

Zensō

Major Contributor
I listen to much of my music through the Amazon Unlimited Music HD app, on my iPhone and on my PC. I also listen to some CD rips, usually just using WMP.

The iPhone outputs to my headphones through a FiiO i1, and the PC to a FiiO K5 Pro, though I'm considering changing both.

Is it possible to EQ on my iPhone or my PC? If so, which app(s) do I need? I stream in up to 24/192.

I would like to EQ in (easy) conjunction with the EQ settings recommended by Amir (and others) here.

Over to you!

Many thanks.
This is a good place to start: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...ows-linux-macos-ios-ipados-and-android.18450/

OP
Yorkshire Mouth

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor

Zensō

Major Contributor
Thanks, I appreciate the link.

It's a tad daunting. Care to offer a beginner's guide? As in 'Try downloading XXX for your PC and XXX for your phone, just as a starter?

BTW, I forgot to mention, free is good.

Cheers.
I'm using Roon, which works cross-platform on my various Apple devices running MacOS and iOS. It also runs on Windows. Roon is very good, but it's much more than just an EQ app and may not be worth the expense if that's all you're looking for. If you're also interested in a platform to consolidate music from various sources (local and streaming), combined with an excellent user interface, it's arguably the best. It includes a 10 band PEQ, convolution, crossfeed, and other DSP functionality. Hopefully others will chime in here with more basic recommendations.

https://roonlabs.com

Last edited:
OP
Yorkshire Mouth

Yorkshire Mouth

Major Contributor
I’m specifically interested in how any eq app works (or doesn’t) effectively ‘in between’ the Amazon app - especially when set to ‘exclusive mode’ and the USB out.

dmac6419

Major Contributor

Over to you!

Many thanks.
The Amazon app has EQ built in,go to settings in the App

John_M

Forum Donor
What about Android? Is there a simple global EQ app with parametric EQ?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
What about Android? Is there a simple global EQ app with parametric EQ?
Nope. It's a pain the butt. The usual suspect is usb player pro wich will work with native and several streaming services. But it's a pay for app (not expensive).

John_M

Forum Donor
Nope. It's a pain the butt. The usual suspect is usb player pro wich will work with native and several streaming services. But it's a pay for app (not expensive).

Why a pain in the butt? I don't mind paying for paying for USB player Pro. You say it will work with "several" streaming devices - are there problems with some of them?

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Why a pain in the butt? I don't mind paying for paying for USB player Pro. You say it will work with "several" streaming devices - are there problems with some of them?
Android is the pain in the butt not UPP. The supported streaming services of UPP are Tidal, Qobuz and google music.

John_M

Forum Donor
OK so I bought USB Audio Player Pro for use with a Moto G7, which allows OTG mode which is what the UAPP website says you need.

Plugged it in. It recognises my DAC (Topping DX3 Pro) and UAPP loads and (I think) goes into host mode.

Unfortunately, nothing then plays through the DAC.

The phone clearly thinks it's transferring music via USB as it says it's stopped doing it when I pull the lead out/ gives me an error message.

I've tried disabling battery optimisation for the app as apparently that is an issue. Didn't make any difference.

Any thoughts?

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Last edited:
Top Bottom