• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beginner looking to optimize Audyssey results - a bit lost at what to do next

polutropon

I have a Denon x3700h with Audyssey MultiEQ XT32. I've run the standard Audyssey calibration and am satisfied, if not ecstatic, with the results (especially with oddly low bass).

I recently discovered the MultiEQ mobile app, which apparently can overcome some of the defects in basic Audyssey calibration. However, I can't find a simple overview of what I should do within that app - recommended settings, basic adjustments, etc. I've found some of the threads and guides out there - they are full of information but also overwhelming and I feel like I go in circles reading them.

Any basic tips/tutorial on getting the most out of the MultiEQ app without getting too deep in the weeds would be appreciated!

(Not sure if applicable, but in case, I have a Denon x3700h, Kef Q150 fronts, Kef R2c center, SVS SB-2000 Pro sub, and (ugh) Bose Acoustimass cubes for surrounds.)

The following is my results - I'm in a rectangular room with not the best accoustics, but it's in a living space so doing what I can. I look at the analysis and I'm like - I have no idea if that is 'good', what to do next, etc. Somewhat obviously, much more concerned about optimizing for the fronts and center - the surrounds are sort of are what they are at this point. Would love any advice or tips!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 3.44.31 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-24 at 3.44.31 PM.png
    965.6 KB · Views: 118
Top Bottom